What do you guys think of this? GunMitt for those cold days

KSHunter

Hey guys, a friend of mine is working on a project i'm pretty excited about. you can see a couple quick videos here - http://www.gunmitt.com/pages/video
I tried one of the prototypes. It was too hot in 50 degree weather, but then we had a front come in during our second field and it went to 32 and windy. It was great at that point- warm and out of the way when i was ready to shoot.
I hate wearing gloves since i shoot a lot at the range and never use them. I also can think of days when even with my thickest gloves, ive had numb fingers.
I think it's pretty awesome- but then again i've already gotten to use it. what do you guys think? :cheers:

If it's comfortable for you, why not?

Last edited:
KSHunter, it's not something that I'd use. During long days in the field, I'll switch hands often. Can't do that with your gunmitt. What about reloading quickly as you run up singles from a flushed covey of sharpies. What about taking a spill in the field.....that mitt is gonna restrict what you can do with your primary hand. I'll stick with my windstopper gloves. Light enough to handle any of my guns safely with, yet warm enough into the single digits with a liner.

Brett

yeah, i see what you mean switching hands. I hunt normally with labs, where they dont give you warning that they're about flush a bird- so im always carrying barell up and ready. Definatley have had cold days though where i have made a fist in the "palm" part of my thickest gloves trying to find some warmth. Amazing how fast the wind will cool you down in gloves!

Back