What do I need to be legal?

Jhart

Hello,

I have recently gotten an invite to a friends private land near Imperial NE to hunt some pheasant. I just need help on what I need license wise? I will be coming from CO so I will be a non-resident. What do I need to be legal? Just want to make sure I am covered as I have never hunted in there. Thanks for any info.

Licenses needed

Jhart - make sure you look over the Nebraska site carefully. In addition to the Hunting permit (license) i"m pretty sure you need a Habitat stamp and maybe??? one other thing. For sure the stamp. I think it will run you around $100 total. Good luck.

In Iowa we were on property that had just recently been purchased, (unknowingly to us) not hunting on it but crossing it as we didn't want to try to take four bird dogs down the side of the road with grain trucks as the main traffic. We crossed about 50 yards across the edge of a field with unloaded guns and the new owner driving by saw us and called the sheriff, after explaining that we didn't know that it had been recently purchased and we were extremely sorry, no harm intended, and we had hunted there the year before.
The owner had the sheriff arrest all 4 of us, overnight in jail, $3000 bond with a $300 cash bond (no ATM) ticketed and court cost. This is for out of state hunters. Needless to say Iowa is off our list. speaking with the original landowner that had given us permission he said he had forgot about selling that sliver of property. Thank goodness we had our out of state license with us or we would still be doing hard time.

In Iowa we were on property that had just recently been purchased, (unknowingly to us) not hunting on it but crossing it as we didn't want to try to take four bird dogs down the side of the road with grain trucks as the main traffic. We crossed about 50 yards across the edge of a field with unloaded guns and the new owner driving by saw us and called the sheriff, after explaining that we didn't know that it had been recently purchased and we were extremely sorry, no harm intended, and we had hunted there the year before.
The owner had the sheriff arrest all 4 of us, overnight in jail, $3000 bond with a $300 cash bond (no ATM) ticketed and court cost. This is for out of state hunters. Needless to say Iowa is off our list. speaking with the original landowner that had given us permission he said he had forgot about selling that sliver of property. Thank goodness we had our out of state license with us or we would still be doing hard time.

Wow that sucks!

Just got the updated legal papers from Iowa yesterday, we are also on 6 months of probation. Your killing me Smalls, your killing me!

One of the members of our group had hurt his leg and was not with us at the time and stayed at the truck, so the dogs were put in the kennels, and the guns had been cased by the time the deputy arrived. In the 10 minutes before the deputy arrived we had calmed the guy down, he was retired Army as was all of us and we had a good conversation going about places we had served and even some of the people we knew, when the deputy arrived he went from daylight to dark on his attitude. One of our guys said it was my decision to cut across, what if you just give it all to me, the deputy ask the owner what he thought and he said nothing doing. Arrest them all.

One of the members of our group had hurt his leg and was not with us at the time and stayed at the truck, so the dogs were put in the kennels, and the guns had been cased by the time the deputy arrived. In the 10 minutes before the deputy arrived we had calmed the guy down, he was retired Army as was all of us and we had a good conversation going about places we had served and even some of the people we knew, when the deputy arrived he went from daylight to dark on his attitude. One of our guys said it was my decision to cut across, what if you just give it all to me, the deputy ask the owner what he thought and he said nothing doing. Arrest them all.

Iowa was hands down the rudest state I've ever hunted from the store I baught a license to the people I waved at 3 days only guy who waved back was a guy with MN plates lol.

Nicest people in Nebraska total night & day difference

Back