What area is everyone starting at this year.

bigbuddybretz

Just wondering what area everyone plans on starting this year myself will be start in Cloud county with some freinds from college then probly around
Russell county the second weekend.

I'll be hunting in Seward & Stevens Co. opening weekend. Got lots of ground to hunt. Since I live here I can get out and scout and I've located several areas of concentrations of birds.Its all private ground so let the games begin.

Happy Hunting Grounds

Heading to Sheridan and Graham Counties for the opener. Yeehaw!

I plan to head North from Manhattan, pretty close to the Nebraska border. It's been hit and miss in the past, but I will hopefully find some good quail spots if the pheasants don't cooperate.

I'm not getting out till the second weekend, but on the 7th i'm headed to meade co. and areas just north on some private land. On the 8th russell and osbourne co. 9th will probably go near Marion reservoir, and i'm up in the air for the 10th. Any suggestions?

I'll find out during tomorrow's youth opener where I'll be hunting the other opener. I plan to drive toOsborne in the morning, to Graham in the afternoon scouting and getting the kids into some birds.

What About SW KS??

I'll find out during tomorrow's youth opener where I'll be hunting the other opener. I plan to drive toOsborne in the morning, to Graham in the afternoon scouting and getting the kids into some birds.

Kansasbrittany, you're heading to NW KS for the opener? I thought SW KS was the in the spot for pheasants IYO. The counties you're heading for should be good ones. Graham has over 41,000 acres of walk in. Up in the NE corner of Graham Co. about 12 N and 4 or 5 E of Hill City there is a N-S 80 on the S side of the road with a pivot in the quarter to the west and a SW quarter on the north side, both in CRP, that are deemed one walk-in spot on the atlas. Recommend you hunt there. There is another walk in spot in that area with a pivot and wasted corners that held huge bird numbers last year. That general area area should be birdy. Have a great hunt.

Dissapointing every year i get to go out opening weekend and have always gone to greensburg its been kinda a family tradition . we have made lots of friends in the greensburg, pratt area but this year considering my job complications i wont b going out till the first of january. If any body from that area would drop me a line and let me know what the bird (phesant)outlook there is i would greatly appriciate it .Oh ya love the forum its been lots of fun reading everybody's input

Kansasbrittany, you're heading to NW KS for the opener? I thought SW KS was the in the spot for pheasants IYO. The counties you're heading for should be good ones. Graham has over 41,000 acres of walk in. Up in the NE corner of Graham Co. about 12 N and 4 or 5 E of Hill City there is a N-S 80 on the S side of the road with a pivot in the quarter to the west and a SW quarter on the north side, both in CRP, that are deemed one walk-in spot on the atlas. Recommend you hunt there. There is another walk in spot in that area with a pivot and wasted corners that held huge bird numbers last year. That general area area should be birdy. Have a great hunt.

When did I say that SW KS was better than NW KS? I believe I started a thread about which might be better, but never actually said which I thought was better. You must be referring to my response to a Texan who was asking where I'd recommend he hunt. I'm only able to make recommendations based on my experience and the majority of my experience was in SW KS. I also thought SW KS would be less of a drive for him. I haven't spent much time in NW KS, only the eastern portion of NC KS. I'm not sure what you're trying to accomplish here. You seem to be trying pretty hard to "1-up" me or something. You take a jab, derived from something that only exists in your imagination, then turn around and offer advice in the next sentence. Not sure if you have a social handicap or if you're trying to get under my skin.

Back to the thread topic!

For the regular opener, I will be starting NW of Cheyenne Bottoms and working my way SW, starting on public land, then heading to an area where the ole' man will be finishing up the last couple of milo fields in his area (so long as it doesn't rain this week). I won't be hunting NW KS until later in the year, because I have only public land there to hunt and I can only take so much of the opening day crowds on public land. Besides, almost all of the crops were still standing in NW KS yesterday. Good luck guys!

Introduce someone new to the sport!!!

I'm not getting out till the second weekend, but on the 7th i'm headed to meade co. and areas just north on some private land. On the 8th russell and osbourne co. 9th will probably go near Marion reservoir, and i'm up in the air for the 10th. Any suggestions?

After hitting that much ground in the first week, I think you should be the one offering suggestions.:D

After hitting that much ground in the first week, I think you should be the one offering suggestions.:D
I will be sure to do that toad. I definetly plan on putting a few miles on the truck and would be happy to report any successes/ failures with you or anyone on this site. happy hunting!!

hunting bungalow

Does anyone have an interest in owning their own hunting bungalow in Phillipsburg? 2 bedroom, large oversized garage sufficient to set up your dogs. $15,000.

Mark
meaton@cox.net

Back