What a sight!

quail hound

We have lived in the same house now for 15 years (minus 4 years I lived in the "big city":eek:) and I have never seen or heard a quail around here which is weird because they seem to love rural communities. Well that all changed today when 8 quail (4 hens and 4 roosters) passed through our yard and ate a little bird seed I put out for the doves. They are taking shelter tonight in a wood pile in my neighbors pasture. I planted some berries on our fence line in the pasture last year, I wish I had done it 5 year ago it would be thick already. If you guys can't tell I am very excited about this, I hope they stick around and set up camp around here.:thumbsup::cheers::thumbsup::cheers:

Sweet!!!...QH, thats awesome man, its great to have upland game near the homestead.

Good going on the berry bushes, they love em, I think its there favorite place to hangout.:thumbsup:

Fun! Hope they stick around, multiply!:thumbsup:

That is great.:thumbsup: It is always nice to see wildlife just by walking out your front door. I hope the 4 pairs get busy and raise a few fluff balls.:):cheers:

That is great.:thumbsup: It is always nice to see wildlife just by walking out your front door. I hope the 4 pairs get busy and raise a few fluff balls.:):cheers:

Me too, I am already dreaming about my back yard covey.:thumbsup:

Back