What’s the cover at beaver looking like?

Wouldn’t have been a lot of breeding stock. I’d say another year of good weather and maybe a 2016 type recovery…

Yes they did. I didn't get out there until late January that season. I was easily done by 1:00 each day.

Wasn't that the year Quail Forever advertised the place? I was there two weekends late in the season and saw trucks from all over the US. Ran into a guy from North Carolina that told me he was bored shooting so many birds.

2016 I live by Sandy Sanders same scenario. Saw people from all over. Met a grandad, father and son who drove up from Dallas for the afternoon to “see all the quail”. 3 guys in a single cab no dogs. Big stock tank by one of the entrances had quail feathers about 2 inches deep about 10 foot around it. Hope I get to see it again. Won’t be this year though.

Rough country. Hunted sandy sanders in fall of 16 and it was fantastic. Not as good as beaver the season before but very good.

Those pesty sand burrs are the worst in Western Oklahoma. Where I live there are very few, 40 miles Southwest of Enid. Yes, the Quail population has taken a major hit in the last 6 years. Before that it was good to very good. Now it is below poor. Not much hope it will every rebound to support good numbers.

Those pesty sand burrs are the worst in Western Oklahoma. Where I live there are very few, 40 miles Southwest of Enid. Yes, the Quail population has taken a major hit in the last 6 years. Before that it was good to very good. Now it is below poor. Not much hope it will ever rebound to support good numbe

Yes it was!! I spent a month out there that season. Made some young dogs into great bird dogs.
Your spot on, I had a pup that year too and it was a dream.

Back