Well, here goes!!!!

rwigg

Well, couldn't make up my mind weather to put this in the main forum or in the Kansas forum, so now you know!
What a GREAT trip to Kansas we had. We hunted the Garden City area and what a pleasant surprise. Great cover, saw plenty of birds but most of all, the Kansas farmers and people are just plain AWESOME!!! We hunted walk in the first day and a half and managed to get 4 birds, not that we didn't see more, but they were a little spooky! Hooked up with 2 farmers and they bent over backwards to please us with property to hunt. Even got to hunt milo that 1 farmer was cutting!!! Of course, we asked permission and that was all they asked for. Not that the walk ins were not good, we even went back to walk ins after the private and saw birds. Could use some snow and cooler weather though. It aint gonna do nothin but get better.
Kansas is doing things right! Just can't say enough about the people, they were GREAT!!!! Not going to mention how many we missed, blame gun, lol but brought home enough to make alot of Pheasant noodle soup! yum, yum.
We had four dogs, 2 GSP's, 1 Eng Pointer, and 1 Vizsla so was able to run and rest all four. Just a pleasure to hunt behind your best friends and companions!
Left for Mich. Fri. afternoon, not with high hopes of harvesting, but will get to hunt with my other Son and then head to N. Dakota for a 2 day hunt and then back to Colorado for a few hunts and then back to Kansas for sure for at least 2 more hunts before season ends.
Thank you Kansas people for a GREAT time!!!!:10sign:
Pics to follow later!!

Hey, hey, that's a good deal. Those WIHA birds do get spooky quick, but like you said, some nasty weather could change that real quick. I'm glad to hear you found someone nice enough to let you hunt their land. Watching someone cut a milo field in W KS can be quite the spectacle! Being able to hunt the cover nearby and hit the milo just behind the combine is priceless. Can't wait to see the pics:thumbsup:

Sounds like you've got a busy season planned and it got off to a good start in KS Rod. I hope you'll share a few pics from your trips.

I am glad you had a good experience... Make sure you keep a good relationship with those farmers.... They don't expect anything but respect and that is all...

Back