Weatherby SA-08 20 gauge ?

Anyone have any experience's good or bad with the Weatherby? I've got an itch to pick up another gun for foul weather days.. They seem to have pretty good reviews across the board. One can't have enough shotguns..

sa 08

My son has a 20 ga and has shot a thousand shells thru it with no issues. I judt got the 28 guage and its very nice. would buy another

My son has a 20 ga and has shot a thousand shells thru it with no issues. I judt got the 28 guage and its very nice. would buy another

Sounds like the gun is a winner.. How's the fit and finish on the synthetic vs. wood ? Took my Beretta 20 g. 303 out today..

sa 08

I also have a 20 ga beretta 400 explorer, the firing pin broke the first time I was in the dove field, my sons weatherby banged away while I sat there. They fixed it. But that's not the point, point is the 600 dollar weatherby is a great gun regardless of the price and the 28 guage is so nice. best of luck this year.

Weatherby 20ga

Just got me a Weatherby SA-08 in 20ga a few weeks ago. Black synthetic feels good in my hands and it is light weight and shoots like a dream with no issues. Love mine and I've not shot a full box of shells through it yet, but have brought down many, many pheasants with the shells I've fired.

I have a friend that is thinking of picking up one of these 20s. His concern is the 2 "pistons" for heavy and light loads.

He knows the trap loads are light and 3" loads would be heavy, but wonders where the standard 20ga 1 oz pheasant load falls.

Doesnt want to be changing the piston thingys between quail and pheasant loads.

Anyone have any imput?

i oz should be light. depends on speed. cheap clay loads need a clean gun to go thru. winchester clays go good. 1 oz 1400 ft are heave 1 oz 1300 are light. check the owners manual online.we just got 2 of the 12 guage for the boys and they limited on old roosters in s.d last week in 10 below. no issues for 500 its awesome

Have a good friend with a 12 SA-08 wood and she loves it and has had no issues. Texas dove, Kansas upland and Colorado ducks in the high country. Has not failed her yet. My cousin just picked one up in 12 as well 2 months ago and you can't get the darn smile off his face.:thumbsup:

I've been contemplating a SA-08 28ga, just for fun. Seems like a good gun for the money with good reviews.

Back