weather forecast for SW Kansas come Nov 2009

retrvrman

I know, I know no one knows the weather and I would love to have a job where I can be wrong 75% of time and still not get fired...however with all of that...does anyone have any idea what the weather old timers are calling for, for this November 2009??

I mean I pack for any kind of weather because I have hunted from 70degree days to below zero, less than 1/4 mile visibility, blizzard stuff....

Reason is I am taking my son this year first time and I need to buy him some hunting clothes...like the old man...however I don't want to spend $$$$ on a pre-teen boy who is growing and will outgrow his clothes in 6months....

thanks,

Well that has to be the hardest question ever! Well from research I've gathered I think it should be somewhere in the upper 20s lower 30s in the morning and 40s to 50s in the afternoon. Now thats all speculation so please don't take my word for it. If there is one thing I have learned living in Kansas it's that yes the weather is very unpredictable. Good luck to you and your son!! Let's just pray the weather Is Good until opening day so that most of the crops are out!

It is 37 degrees as I type and I dumped 0.80" from the rain gauge this morning. The roads are sloppy as are the corrals. My gut says it is going to be one of those rare wet winters out here. Reminds me a little of the start of the 1992 winter when we got a record 60 inches of snow.

But what do I know.:confused:

I've seen it get down to around 0 degrees in November and I've seen it in the 90's. Going by the average year and how cool it has been this fall I would say 40-50 in the afternoon. That is just a guess.

several years ago went thru the same thing with hunt'n clothes for a youth fit today, to little tommorrow, check out craigs list for some , and if you don't find some there you can also sell them on there good luck

went down in the basement have briar pants size 32 waist, at least a 30 length, also some camo pants (not briar) size 14, also a vest if interested

Last edited:
Back