Warm Up

cyclonenation10

Well after getting pummeled with snow and cold temps the past two weeks, we are finally set to see temps in the 30's and 40's the next 10 days or so.

If the weather cooperates, we may be able to get rid of most of the snow pack by early February, it looks like we may be able to salvage a potentially disastrous winter into an OK one, pending a decent February.

Winter's over here too. Lasted about 10 days. A whopping grand total of 7.3 inches of snow here is the official tally all winter.

For the first time since I have been living here, I may not use my snow blower all winter. Last winter we received 91 inches of snow, which was record-breaking.

Nothing but 30's and 40's in the extended forecast here too. Bad news if you own a snowmobile or like to ice fish. Good news if you're a deer, turkey, or pheasant.

Well after getting pummeled with snow and cold temps the past two weeks, we are finally set to see temps in the 30's and 40's the next 10 days or so.

If the weather cooperates, we may be able to get rid of most of the snow pack by early February, it looks like we may be able to salvage a potentially disastrous winter into an OK one, pending a decent February.
After an abnormally warm fall into early January, two weeks of snow and cold I'd say is not just OK but pretty damn good as far as winter is concerned. A nice slow melt should help with the drought deficit, too. Hopefully we can have an average spring/summer rain to avoid the cutting. Pending s**t really hitting the fan, I think we will be in store for another stellar year in 2024.

We are in an indian summer for sure...how warm would it be if we didn't have the snow cover???? In 10 days we will not have much snow cover left. Hope this isn't going to trick the trees into budding and then getting frozen. Winter is getting shortened-up a bunch.
nice forecast.jpg

how warm would it be if we didn't have the snow cover????
You'd be as warm as us here in MN. We have no snow cover in the majority of the state. I really haven't had any all winter.

Its supposed to be 57 degrees in Western MN tomorrow. Some golf courses are opening up again, which is the first time a golf course has ever been open here in the month of January. All of this is happening during what is traditionally the coldest time of year.

Back