Wake up Missouri

Absolutely agree, although its hard to imagine am counting the days to bird season as I know that my britts are doing the same. Hang in there everyone!

Quail numbers seem even lower than last year, and last year was rough for us. Got 4, 1 year old dogs that want to be run alot this year :)

i was thinking up heading up to north mo for the opener i havnt ever bird hunted up there. Ive been all over the place bow hunting but im shifting gears alittle bit think im gonna spend more time chasing feathers this year. We had some private land around lineville and powersville i saw a few phez. around there

MDC came out with the bird count and forecast and its the lowest in the history of taking counts. Looks dismal for birds in MO. We went to my friends place north of St Joe and ran the dogs and did not see a bird. Talked to farmers and they have said they have seen very few if any pheasants and only a few quail. Some were saying they have not seen a covey. Going to leave it alone this year and hope for better season in 2011. Off to Kansas.

zeepo

Back