Vintage/older Over Unders

Elksniper

I know there are lots of options out there for vintage side by sides but does anyone have any recommendations for an older or vintage over under? I have a newer over under that I like, but I’d like to find something eventually that has some history.

I don't believe the o/u has the rich history that the sxs's do. The older guns would probably from gun makers over seas like purdey or holland and holland, kreigoff, perazzi etc. These makers made very nice guns with a nice price tag. Browning Superposed would be one to look at with some history from a us gun maker. As I mentioned before I don't think there is the linage for o/u's like the sxs. I'm sure there are others more versed on this subject than me, just my thoughts.

I added “older” to the list as well because I didn’t think there were many really old over unders out there. I just like the idea of carrying a gun that may have seen some of the incredible upland hunting days of the past.

MiForester - I’ll have to check out the Browning Super, thanks for the tip!

I have a SKB 505 from the early 90’s. Solid gun
SKB also made O/u for Ithaca in the 80’s I think
Have seen some 500’s for sale on Gunbroker in the past
Ithaca/SKB 500 12/3” Duck in 1979
Weatherby/SKB Orion 12 1983
SKB Sporting 12 early 90s I think
SKB 85TSS 20 a little later

Still have them all

Yes, I like the Japanese SKBs

Just got a 91 3.5 inch Citori that is as close to mint as you could get, especially from that era. For an entry level Citori, the wood is prettier to me than the Hunter models of today. I like that glossier finish. I was looking for something older that had the Invector Plus chokes and couldnt pass this deal. Only complaint is the recoil pad mustve hardened over time as it’s extremely stiff. Anyone else see this with older guns?

Well, Browing Superposed go aways back. Not sure how vintage you want? Browning first made the Superposed in 1931. We're coming up on 100 yrs. old, that's pretty vintage to me. Best of luck in your search.

Last edited:
Haven't seen the Marlin 90 mention in quite a while. Most of the talk was about it being a O/U, 16ga with two triggers. I handled one, but wasn't too impressed. It was baulky like a Browning. Balance was OK. I was more interested in SxSs so I passed.

Haven't seen the Marlin 90 mention in quite a while. Most of the talk was about it being a O/U, 16ga with two triggers. I handled one, but wasn't too impressed. It was baulky like a Browning. Balance was OK. I was more interested in SxSs so I passed.
That is true by today's standards. But they were and are still a rugged dependable gun. Very simple on the inside. I turkey hunted with one for a while. I liked it enough that I thought about having it poked out to 3'' chambers. If I remember I think the frames were some kind of alloy. It and the browning are the only true vintage American o/u I can think of.

That is true by today's standards. But they were and are still a rugged dependable gun. Very simple on the inside. I turkey hunted with one for a while. I liked it enough that I thought about having it poked out to 3'' chambers. If I remember I think the frames were some kind of alloy. It and the browning are the only true vintage American o/u I can think of.
Now that I've thought about it a bit, the double triggers on an O/U was the reason for most peoples' interest...and 16ga, of course.

Another one to consider woukd be the Remington 32 or successor 3200. Very nice guns but heavy.

I forgot about the Remington. They were very popular at the trap trap clubs.
Great guns but more poplar in the target world, weight had alot to do with it. I love my skeet gun. My dream has been to own a 1of 100 4 barrel skeet set but guessing it will always be a dream.....

Back