Vikings to keep Ponder for 2014/15 season

birdshooter

Amazing !! Looks like the genius, Vikings GM Spielman has decided to keep Ponder for the upcoming season. However.... he WILL allow Cassel to explore free agency without any commitment to re sign him whatsoever. Is this guy for real !!!

Oh !!! but he did say he will be actively seeking a high first round pick for QB if one presents itself. :rolleyes:

Delusional or simply refuses admit he screwed the pooch with Ponder, those are the only two reasons I can make out why he refuses to act in the best interest of the team.:confused:

http://www.rotoworld.com/recent/nfl/6433/christian-ponder

Think Free agency? Not so much available as far as for the Vikes to pick up?
Christion probably has signed for lunch money. :eek:

Christion will have to make it through training camp, compete, get cut. :cheers:
Just because he's here now, doesn't mean he will be here in Sept. :eek:

ahhhh the great blackcloud predicted it right in his 1000 TH post. Viking fans are very loyal to there team but no chance of a super bowl. speilman should of been cut:thumbsup:

Hey Cloud. Vikings have a MUCH!!! better chance of making/winning a Super Bowl then You Iowiegons EVER have of having Your very own NFL franchise.

Dang, :confused::eek::( Now I feel bad for being Mean. :(

Guess I'll get over it. :cheers:

Think Free agency? Not so much available as far as for the Vikes to pick up?
Christion probably has signed for lunch money. :eek:

Christion will have to make it through training camp, compete, get cut. :cheers:
Just because he's here now, doesn't mean he will be here in Sept. :eek:

Part of the problem is Ponder is still under contract. The Vikings will have to eat that in the cap space, but who cares.... make room for other opportunities. You can never have enough good prospects at the QB position going into training camp. If you have seen everything your going to see with Ponder and he's just not going to cut it, then get rid of him. He's not going to be worth much as trade bait either. It's no secret that he's a career back-up at best.

Last edited:
aspeilman should of been cut:thumbsup:

Yeah we all second that. He's not willing to take the blame for the Ponder debacle and Leslie took the fall. However, he's under the microscope this year as he has the coach he wanted and again we will ALL be watching what he does in the draft as well as what pans out in the QB position.

Hey Cloud. Vikings have a MUCH!!! better chance of making/winning a Super Bowl then You Iowiegons EVER have of having Your very own NFL franchise.

Dang, :confused::eek::( Now I feel bad for being Mean. :(

Guess I'll get over it. :cheers:

very true we will never have a nfl team but we can cheer for anyone we want. we a not stuck with one team like you vikes.

plus we will never have to pay for a stadium. seems like we win all around:cheers:

Iweadgin+ TV = Arm chair QB:D

The free market is a closed door, nothing out there. Had they been smart they would have went and got Alex Smith from San Fran. He was the only real choice out there. There is some good draft choices. But they will pass them by for a bottom feeder I spose. They have plenty of cards to play so we can see. Just hope it is not menzell.

Bridgewater, Manziel and Bortles will be gone before the Vikings pick unless they decide to whip up some deal and trade up.

The other two in the Mayok's top 5, Derek Carr and the McCarron kid from Alabama may or may not be there either, but are more apt to be there when the Vikings pick 8th. We shall see what the Genius has in store...:rolleyes:

P.S. I wouldn't want Manziel either. Anyone see what Barry Switzer's remarks about Manziel were: :eek::D Tell it like you see it.

Switzer hasn?t been subtle with his opinions of Manziel. Earlier this week, the former coach went on CBS Sports Radio 920 AM in St. Louis and called Manziel an ?arrogant little prick.? It?s interesting that Switzer mentioned several former Sooners quarterbacks who played the same way as Manziel: They were great runners who could also pass.

Last edited:
If they could get McCarron, that would be the best choice. He has the smarts and pocket sense of a great NFL QB. I bet teams will pick him over Manziel. He played much better when the two met at A&M last year. That would be my pick.:thumbsup: Not the show boat lady's man. The team guy with a good head and just as much talent. Running in the NFL never lasts for a QB. The best over all are pocket guys with quick reads, and a great o line.

You don?t hear much hype about McCarron and I don?t know why. He led arguably the best Div I football team for 3 years. Alabama has some of the best talent in the nation so he had to be doing something right to keep his position for that long.

Not a Johnny Football fan but I do think he will go pretty high in the draft. Time will tell if that was a good decision.

Theese morons passed on Rodgers and Wilson. So I spose they will pass on a good one like him too so he can kick our ass playing for Chicago, GB or Detroit. Yes I believe he won back to back nationals right? I could be wrong. But when I saw the 2 go head to head, I knew who would be my guy if I were GM.

Back