Vikings Cancell Practice!!!

if you were a professional and didnt play on a team were you a pro golfer?

Geez, I wish. If I had been I'm pretty sure I'd be walking differently today. I was a professional rodeo bullfighter from 1983-1992. I worked some of the biggest rodeos in the country, selected to work several finals for several different associations. Had some major sponsors, made some highlight tapes, was interviewed by Goerge Micheal for "The Sports Machine" sometime in
1985. Had a few bad wrecks along the way (the highlight tapes didnt always have a happy ending) and many broken bones. Always fought my way back to wear I wanted to be. And yes, I signed a few thousand autographs along the way. In fact, Waylon Jennings, Reba McIntire, Willie Nelson, Jonny Cash, Hank Jr, and a handful of other country singers all have an autographed 8x10 copy of my promo photo. I was the first bullfighter in the country to wear sponsorship patches on my body while working (this was besides Wrangler which was and still is a major sponsor of rodeo) almost got kicked out of the PRCA because of this and the Wrangler Bullfighting Tour wouldnt approve me for thier contests because of it. Super 8 motels (free rooming for a year), Ford Motor Co (free use of a new F150 w/ unlimited miles) Nike Shoes (free cleats) Budweiser (nope, not free beer!). There was really good money involved when you didnt have to pay for a motel or a vehical. I instructed at maybe a dozen school/clinics which turned out a few really good bullfighters, one even went on to become a world champion. I did all this on my own, husseled my own contracts and contacts, learned how to approach sponsors, learned how to train for speed and agility by joining a boxing club (sparred many times with Virgil Hill and Jon Strictland). In my hay-day I was doing 100 pushups, 150 situps, a 3/4 mile sprint in 2:40 time (check to Olympic records boys!! :thumbsup:) EVERY DAY!!! could jump rope for an hour while standing on a 2x4 board. I had to prove to my parents that I could amount to something, they werent to thrilled with me wanting to go play rodeo. It all ended in 1992 after a series of serious injuries combined with a commitment to my future wife made me rethink my future. I loved every bit of it and wouldnt change anything I did back then. The blood and scars all helped shape the person I am today. If you went to any rodeos in the 80's, bigger rodeos in the late 80's and early 90's, in the Dakota's, MN, IA, WI, IN, MO, NE, KS, chances are you probably seen me somewhere along the line. I spent most of my time within these States, but also made it to TX, CA, AR, AZ, OK, TN, MI, and LA. Now you know. And no, I dont do autographs anymore. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
amazing. what a stud to do that for so many years. i was in an amatuer rodeo once in nd. was working on a harvest crew and town was having a 4th of july party. we werent allowed to ride bulls. they put us on an old range cow. first thing she did when i got on was flip over backwards in the chute. lucky she hung up and didnt land on me. they put me back on and opened chute. cracked my head on the side of it. lasted maybe 2 seconds till lights out. other guys on the crew werent much better. but when it came to catching greased pigs the north dakotans didnt stand a chance against us iowa farm boys.

Back