Victor dog food?

driftbuster

Anyone use the Victor brand dog food? I just got a 8 month old Springer and he came with some of the Victor professional food. The review seems good but wanted to hear some real results.
Thanks

I've got 4 Labs on it right now and have been on it for about 4 months. Was feeding Taste of the Wild High Prairie Roasted Bison & Roasted Venison before that.

I started with Grain Free Hero (Green Bag). The coats improved; softer, shinier, slicker. The stool size actually increased a bit which surprised me and were a little bit softer. When fed cup for cup, the dogs started gaining weight when compared to TOTW. I had to cut them back a little bit. For example, the 75 pound young male was getting 4 cups of TOTW per day (2 feeding of 2 cups); I gave him that much Victor and he started gaining weight. Now he gets 2 x 1.5 cups of the Victor. At the same activity level, he's now holding his weight nicely. Pretty much the same for the other three, a 15-25% reduction in volume to hold their weight. At this time of year in the heat we're not working real hard though. Will probably have to up it some as workload increases towards hunting season. We'll see.

Recently the youngest started turning her nose up at the Hero. Just wasn't interested. So we switched all to the Grain Free Chicken (Blue Bag) and all seem happy with that, even Miss Pickyeater. Stools and coat seem the same as on the Green Bag.

All in all, I've got no problems with Victor and I think it's reasonably priced compared to other Grain Free stuff.

is it easily bought or accessible in your area?
Ive gone thru a lot with my past Golden with allergies etc etc and once I found a food that agreed with him, Im not switching. I wouldnt take your springer off of PPP. Youre asking for a headache IMO. Grains are not the devil for all dog food as some companies marketing plans lead you to believe.

David0311

Why in the world would anyone go to the store for dog food now that you can buy it from Chewy's. Free shipping, no tax, and if your dog doesn't like it or do well on the food they will refund or give you a credit. Plus they carry about every dog food brand on the market.

https://www.chewy.com/s?query=victor&rh=c:288

X-10--On selection and service/price--

As a side note one of my training partners had to put down one of his old labs--
Called them to adjust his order for that reason--
He promptly received a beautifull bouquet of flowers a a sympathy card from them:):cheers:

Petsmart owns Chewy's now.

I have bought from Chewys but I also like to support my local business folk too. Price after tax is still a wee bit cheaper than Chewys as well. Either my wife or I drive by the feed store a couple of times a week so its pretty easy.

I had been using Chewys for about a year...flawless service. Send an email and they'd respond in minutes! But when Petsmart bought them, Nutrisource, which is what I feed my girl, refuses to do business with them.
I really don't want to change foods...so I'm back to buying it like we used to.

Back