Vet near Centennial, CO

rattman

I am searching for a new veterinary practice in the Centennial area (University and Arapahoe) and am hoping for suggestions from satisfied bird dog owners. I have had my English setter inoculated against rattlesnake bites yearly and would appreciate having access to this procedure. Overall, my current vet practice has changed with the retirement of my long time doctor and is now run by a couple of women (nothing wrong with that) who are clueless about the care, feeding and hardships that a hunting dog requires and endures (definitely a big void there). These new vets are much more attuned to urban pets and have consistently promoted unnecessary procedures- including suggesting unnecessary surgery for the temporary swelling of a muscle and predicting the need for tooth extractions prior to a dental examination. Neither of which were valid and were avoided through my diligence and familiarity with my dog. I get the impression that gouging owners is a part of their modus operandi. Their indifference to a sudden gastrointestinal problem (referring me instead to an emergency clinic) and their discontinuation of offering the rattlesnake inoculations are the final straws. I would appreciate any guidance- especially for a vet who is familiar with bird dogs.

Thanks.

Back