Very disapointed in Sportsman!!!!!

Yeah, I'm having a hard time with this. There may be more to the story or I'm miss reading something:confused:.

I bump into trespassers every year. Never has one pointed a gun at me (thank God) or even remotely showed aggression towards me. Maybe it's the way I approach them??? Who knows.

Anyway, this is like me going out to some land I hunt and bumping into some trespassers on Saturday. I tell them "guys you can't be out here". They then point their guns at me say what? -- "Yes we can. Now start running or we'll shot you"--??

Sunday, I go back out and bump into another group of trespassers. Like the first group I tell them "guys you can't be out here". They too point their guns at me and tell me start dancing or else.

Impossible scenario? No of course not, but like I said before, that's a lot of heated action for one weekend:eek:.

Last edited:
Well, three years ago my taxidermists idiot son-in-law thought he had exclusive rights to a piece of landlocked public land in Meade County. It's either 6 or 7 miles down an unimproved right-of-way to access it. He was hiking in the dark when he heard people coming. It was three of our Airmen from the local AFB, they were wise enough to pedal in on bicycles. This clown stopped them, told them the land was his to hunt today because he was in first. Keep in mind this is a large piece of land, plenty of room for everyone. They told him to pound sand and that public is public. He held them at the barrel of his .270 and told them to turn around or they were dead men. Of course they beat feet out of there. Imagine this clowns surprise when he hiked back to his truck in the dark and found himself at the gunpoint of DCI agents ? He is in the SD state pen and banned for life from hunting in SD. Point being, they are out there and it's best to be prepared. Also, with our current meth scourge you never know what kind of creatures you can run into. They love remote areas to brew their poison where no one can smell it. Law enforcement in the Black Hills find cook sites all the time. You should be able to shoot tweakers just like a skunk, when and where you find them.

Scary. It sounds like that young man needs some help. Hopefully he's working on whatever issues lead him to do such thing. Yeah, you never know who you are going to bump into out there.

With that said, if one of the trespassing hunters I've encountered over the years ever did such a thing (God forbid!) to me I don't think I would classify such actions as a "sportsman" issue, but more-or-less a individual who needs some help.

I do believe the vast, vast-majority of sportsmen would never consider pointing a loaded gun at anyone unless they feel their lives may be in danger.

Agreed, it goes back to our first rule of gun safety, Never point a gun at anything you don't intend to shoot.

These aren't sportsmen, they are criminals. Call the sheriff and press whatever charges are possible. All three of these actions should be prosecuted.

Back