Vehicles

Not sure about 400 size but my dog box that fits in my Tacoma, fits in my wife's Subaru forester.
Having driven a Toyota Tacoma crew cab for a bit over a year, unless you are under 5’8” stay away from this vehicle. I had a 2010 crew cab TRD with lots upgraded features including seats. This can be a miserable vehicle for travel. the reason Toyouta has a but more ground clearance than others is the seat pan is up higher than most. This creates a floor that the seat is practically on. No amount of seat adjustments will allow any taller person to rest the legs on the seat bottom. this creates leg pain. Additionall, the back seat you cannot get your feet under so there is no room for anything larger than about a size 8 shoe. I have a 6’4” son and he also could nit ride in the back of the crew cab without having his head laying to the side and his feet turned sideways. This is a miserable design.
I traded the Tacoma at the time for a 2011 f150. Even with the 5.0 v8 It actually exceeded the Tacoma’s highway fuel mileage. Good luck on any vehicle decision. Personally, I’m considering a newer expedition but I do love my trucks.

You are correct. My Tacoma is a crew cab. I have two grandsons. 6'3 and 6'. The three of us can't go very far without my 6'er getting pretty uncomfortable in the back. It's a mid-sized truck. If I had my way, I'd still be driving a compact truck as I spend 90 percent of the time by myself. I bought it because of value and dependability since I knew it would be my last new truck. It has not disappointed. I just plane prefer a smaller truck. Easier to park, easier to get off the road, easier to straddle the ruts if I do get off road. I miss my little Nissan hard body. I could almost travel the 4-wheeler paths in it. Your observations are why the truck market behaves as it does. Everyone wants more room. The trucks get bigger. There will still be a market for the smaller ones so then they come out with a new small truck. Hence the uglier than normal Ford Maveric. There is a reason the f150 is the best-selling truck in America. It's a big truck that's not too big.

Back