Utah Hunting

Hotfoot

Does any one believe that the DWR is planting pheasant's in the WMA'S in Utah. I have been hunting the WMA in Foust, Utah the whole hunt almost everyday I have seen one bird shot and never seen any flying? Also does anyone want a hunting partner? Looking for Northern Utah hunting partner. I'm not a mouch and have all my own equipment and nice truck to take turns driving?

I was going to try that one out towards the last weekend, but will reconsider it now. I live in Herriman so it is the closest one i believe. I have been going East and getting into birds regularly. I know a guy that went by the Tooele gun club on opening day, they didn't get anything, but saw plenty hit the deck.

The cover at faust is perfect for birds and yes some of the birds are planted but they are planted by the DWR and are nice birds. There is plenty of water because the WMA has a lake on it. If you wanna hook up let me know or head out there by yourself . Its a real nice place and has lots of birds I just don't have a dogs. Guys with dogs get there limits. Its very nice cover for the birds and not a bad drive.

Oh and the cover has sage, lots of cattails, and allot of tall thick grass like I said its well worth it if you have dogs or allot of people to push the birds. I should have explained it better on my first post because I just don't have a dog, sorry.

It sounds better than I thought. I have been to Faust a few times over the years just can't really imagine where this is. I'd be willing to give it a try I have a couple labs that do okay.

Perfect then. You cant miss faust. Just take that road from toolee and head straight out until you come to the pony express monument on the east side of the road then you will see a small grain tank and some farm equipment on the west side of the road. there is lots of acres to hunt and your there you cant miss the big pond full of water or go to the DWR web page and look where it talks about pheasant hunting on the front page and you can click on the WMA'S (Wildlife Management Areas) and you can print off a map and all the other WMA sites with directions how to get to them.

Back