USDA restrictions for selling puppies online

djustice

I came across this and thought I would pass it along. I'm not sure how it will effect everyone but I thought you guys should know.

The U.S. Department of Agriculture announced Tuesday it is cracking down on dog, cat and rabbit breeders who sell pets online, by mail or over the phone. The new regulations, which extends the 1966 Animal Welfare Act and will take effect in 60 days, will require that any dog, cat or rabbit breeder with more than four breeding females must apply for a permit, pay an annual licensing fee and be subject to random inspections. The USDA has said the intention for the new law is to require either government inspectors or potential buyers to actually lay eyes on the animal before it is sold.
The new policy comes in response to a 2010 USDA inspector general's report that revealed horrific conditions at so-called "puppy mills" around the country. Wayne Pacelle, president of the Humane Society of the United States, told U.S. News that the expanded law is "a major gain for the animal welfare movement, but we hope that USDA has the bandwidth to inspect [all of the facilities] and that they enforce the law in a rigorous way." There are exceptions for hunting and security dogs, and small-scale "hobby" breeders.​

while there may be some good end results from this I find it hard to not think the USHS has another motive/step to this. They do some good things but I consider them an extremist group - that would take away your hunting rights tomorrow if they could.

one more regulation

one of the largest anti hunting groups in the u.s. is the humane society and if they had their way we couldn't even use our dogs to go hunting with as it is abusing them, like peta, they will kill animals to fit their needs but then that is them and it is us they are talking about. don't fall for their b.s. their main interest is their money machine

cheers

while there may be some good end results from this I find it hard to not think the USHS has another motive/step to this. They do some good things but I consider them an extremist group - that would take away your hunting rights tomorrow if they could.

U got that right. They need to be fought tooth and nail. Same with the HS. They have in place the ability to go take down any puppy mill they choose to. This is just a ploy for a grander scale destruction of freedoms, hunting, hunting dogs and many's way of life. A means to an end.

Back