Upland strap vest you can load birds in

The large has load lifters though I guess the small comes with them now too.You can spec out the rest of it. I got a large belt and offset my bird bag to my left side so I can load it easier. On that side put a chief shell pocket and my bottle holder up front. And the right side is a small double zipper marsupial bag up front and two bottle holders in the back for the dogs. Which is probably over kill. I found out later the bird bag will hold a Nalgene bottle upright. But I just put a few quail loads in my back bottle during pheasant season
I need to read the fine print…. I guess my main question is with small bag can u fit 2 pheasant??? 10 quail?? I don’t want the bird bag so big it’s flapping in the wind

I need to read the fine print…. I guess my main question is with small bag can u fit 2 pheasant??? 10 quail?? I don’t want the bird bag so big it’s flapping in the wind
I like the idea of box of shells on one side with 2 Nalgenes on the other… small compartment somewhere for miscellaneous

I didn’t mean at the same time… but that would be quite a day! Thanks for info
If you carry much of a med kit you probably be strapped for room in the pocket on the back of the bird bag. You might have to strap it to the back of the harness yoke . I carry a little bit and there is not much room , it gets harder to load birds too.

There’s molle webbing on the back of the game bag and the back of the yoke. They sell a first aid kit. Or you could use a tool roll for me I think I’d like it on the back of my shoulders better. I don’t carry a stapler or cable cutters. My leathernan is inside my shell bag clipped to one of the shell loops. The pocket in my game bag has a couple of dressing pads, a bottle of eyewash with some electrical tape wrapped around it. A small role of vetwrap with a couple of tubes of quick clot and some swabs inside the vetwrap tube.A roll of athletic tape. Some personal wipes. A small role of tp with a slip lead in the tube and a couple of spare cordura dog boots when I’m running boots. And a pair of tape scissors. That’s about all that will fit.
There’s a hanky in my little pocket on my belt and some hemostats clipped behind it.
On the back of my yoke is another short lead that I lash a rolled up shirt on when I shed a layer, and an s-hook carabiner that I use to hang the vest on a fence when I’m crawling under it. It sounds pretty busy but it carries like a dream.
The belts getting repaired one the attachment loops is torn out but has extra loops to attach to so no down time during the season. Bad stitching. They cover it for life including shipping.

Attachments

• IMG_3691.jpeg
    4.4 MB · Views: 12
  • IMG_3583.png
    IMG_3583.png
    5.5 MB · Views: 24
My hunt redi is super comfortable and I can reach the pouch but it is a PIA. I find myself having to lay a gun down and really reaching to make it happen with the first bird.

Most times I need to remove the vest to insert phez in the back. A bit of arthritis in the shoulders, but gun mount is fine. Smaller birds are OK.

I read through topics like this one and think I'm way under-geared when I'm in the field. I still run a more-or-less traditional hunting coat--Columbia Ptarmigan--but at 15 years it's much closer to the end than the beginning. Sooner or later it will start leaking shells out of the pockets and than I'll have to do something. Other than shells the only "gear" I routinely carry is a 4' lead and occasionally water. I've even stopped carrying my leatherman after years and years of never using it. It would be devastating and do who-knows-how-much damage to my marriage if my dogs were injured or worse in a way that some of the gear you carry would address, so I probably should carry a bit more.

But here's the semi-serious question. When you get in the truck and move from one spot to another, are you putting on and taking off the vest every time? That seems like a hassle and is one of the reasons I've never seriously considered a technical vest. As someone mentioned above, my thoughts would be different if I spent hours at a time away from the truck.

But here's the semi-serious question. When you get in the truck and move from one spot to another, are you putting on and taking off the vest every time? That seems like a hassle and is one of the reasons I've never seriously considered a technical vest. As someone mentioned above, my thoughts would be different if I spent hours at a time away from the truck.
I take my vest off every time getting into the truck. My vest fits great so I don't have to mess with it. Undo 2 straps and throw it right at the back of the truck. When I get to my next spot, gun comes out of the case, I load the 5 shells I keep in my door cupholder, throw my vest on, and let the dog out. Takes all of a minute to go from truck to moving into the field.

I read through topics like this one and think I'm way under-geared when I'm in the field. I still run a more-or-less traditional hunting coat--Columbia Ptarmigan--but at 15 years it's much closer to the end than the beginning. Sooner or later it will start leaking shells out of the pockets and than I'll have to do something. Other than shells the only "gear" I routinely carry is a 4' lead and occasionally water. I've even stopped carrying my leatherman after years and years of never using it. It would be devastating and do who-knows-how-much damage to my marriage if my dogs were injured or worse in a way that some of the gear you carry would address, so I probably should carry a bit more.

Yes i take it off… but the reason i need this type vest is I don’t hunt in sight of the truck 90% of the time, and the amount of water I carry has to be supported by a technical vest. I never leave the truck with less than 4 Nalgene bottle if multiple dogs are on the ground…. I currently have a marsupial upland bag in my shopping cart just trying to sort through some of there option, I’ve worn the tenzing upland for the last five years but it would not be my pick for larger birds as 2 pheasant fill it up

Matt I take mine off too. It’s a little bit of a pain when you stash it worrying about keeping the buckles from getting slammed in the door. Like Munster said the waist belt is the only thing that really might need adjusting and most of the time it’s fine. I try to keep mine hanging in the truck low enough that it’s upright but the shoulder straps aren’t supporting any weight

You can't use it, if you don't carry it. What I don't hear too much is a shell belt. Not only 25 20ga rounds around my waist, but my leatherman resides there. First piece of equipment I put on for the day. Keep the weight from shells in a vest off my shoulders. We all have different needs from a vest.

Yes i take it off… but the reason i need this type vest is I don’t hunt in sight of the truck 90% of the time, and the amount of water I carry has to be supported by a technical vest. I never leave the truck with less than 4 Nalgene bottle if multiple dogs are on the ground…. I currently have a marsupial upland bag in my shopping cart just trying to sort through some of there option, I’ve worn the tenzing upland for the last five years but it would not be my pick for larger birds as 2 pheasant fill it up
Quailnerd hold off a couple of weeks. If this years anything like last they should be running 20 percent off when they get back from the trade shows.

I use the Final Rise and hang it from the clothes hook behind the drivers seat. The vest is upright and I don’t have to worry about anything falling out in the truck. I put it on, let the dog out and grab my gun all from the back door. The only adjustment I have to make is to tighten the waist band and that is really easy.

IF I bought a coat or vest that did not have a hanging loop, I wold have one sewed on immediately. I also hang mine from the clothes hook, & have been, for over 60 yrs. I take mine off nearly every move.

Back