Uncut Corn in Nebraska Hurt Hunt

BritChaser

My weekend jaunt to Harlan, County, NE, reestablished that when there are lots of uncut crop fields, the hunting is not good. In about eight hours over Sat. and Sun. I had two shots. The area is predominately corn with 99% still unharvested.

Brit, I was there yesterday, two roosters, should have had my limit. I agree though, definitely not the bird #'s you usually see. I did see about 8-10 hens, but only the 3 roosters. I ran into a gentleman from VA who said he did really well every day near Techumsa-sp?

Take care.

A few years ago I got to go to an area about 80 mi SW of Lincoln NE. We got to hunt the corn while it was being harvested. The Pheasants were coming out way high, like ducks. It was fun. We managed to get a few.
Walt MI/USA

Hunting with Combines

A few years ago I got to go to an area about 80 mi SW of Lincoln NE. We got to hunt the corn while it was being harvested. The Pheasants were coming out way high, like ducks. It was fun. We managed to get a few.
Walt MI/USA

Last year a Kansas hunter who was hunting a corn field as it was being harvested got cited for using illegal means (the combines apparently) to aid hunting. I think he got dinged for being too close to a highway at the same time. I think there's a wildlife officer who got up on the wrong side of the bed that day to explain it.

Last edited:
Back