Uguide SD?

jetjockey

Has anyone hunted with Uguide? Im hoping to plan a trip next year with my Dad, Brother, and Father in Law. We will have 3 Brits and would like to hunt for 3 or 4 days. We are a group of 4 and Chris says that after December 1st a couple of the areas drop from minimum of 6 per group, down to 4. The price seems great and having a couple thousand acres to hunt, and a cabin/farm house on property seems perfect. Has anyone hunted with Uguide or know of anyone who has? What camps are the best for hunting in early December? Thanks in advance.

Travis

My group and I have hunted with Uguide the last 2 years at 2 differant locations. The camps we hunted at was cattail haven last year and pheasant camp this year. We had a tough time this year because of the standing corn. We would sit in the lodge and watch the birds move off the roost into the corn at daybreak. We had 6 guys most of us 30 year + pheasant hunters with a lot of tricks up our sleeve but just couldn't move the birds out of the corn. We worked the edges and the roosting areas at sundown and were able to pick up some birds.
Pheasant Camp is well managed for pheasants. We saw 100's of birds but had a hard time getting close enough to shoot them because of the corn. The lodge is great. My group is taking off next year. With that said I would highly recomend Pheasant Camp.
Last season we hunted Cattail haven. We shot a lot of birds there. The conditions we hunted in were snow and 40 mph+ winds. Cattail haven has a couple of cattail sloughs that attracked the birds in foul weather. We talked to the guys that hunted it the same week we were out there this year( cattail is across the street from pheasant camp) and they had a skunk going. The guy that owns Cattail didn't have his beans in and the birds were not in the cattails according to them. One of the good features of uguide is the landowner takes you around and shows you the lay of the land. Unfortunatly last year the cattail landowner told me he was too busy and couldn't show me around. That didn't make me happy but what are you going to do. Now Cattail has a 4 hunter limit up to 6. The lodge is a single wide trailer but we got by just fine. Compared to pheasant camp, cattail haven is not even close to the hunting potental that pheasant camp has.
Since you are paying the same money for any of the camps if I were you I would focus on Pheasant camp. Chris is a great guy and does an excellent job on his property at pheasant camp
Hope this helps
Chip

Back