U of IL pheasant study

1pheas4

The Universtiy of Illinois has asked for assistance from IL Pheasants Forever chapters in a wild pheasant study they've been conducting. They are seeking feathers (10 to 15 breast feathers) from harvested wild pheasants from llinois (by county). --2011/2012 season.

For more info you can contact your local county Pheasants Forever chapter.

If you think you'll be harvesting wild pheasants within McHenry County IL please contact me so I can get an idea as to how many feather kits I'll need.

You can also contact me for assistance on how to tell wild from pen birds if your not sure how to do so.

Thanks for your help:cheers:

U of I study

Any clue what the U of I is trying to study about pheasants? I have never personally seen a wild pheasant in IL....grew up too far south. Would love to see conservation efforts allow them to flourish.

By the way it sounds they're gathering data on pheasants' genetics to see which breeds/lines are where and does one particular line/cross thrive over others within Illinois.

So far it's looking as though our pheasants' gene's are not as distributed/mixed as we may have thought. Again, it's early in the study so much can change.

This is about all I've been told this early on in the study.;)

I need a few more hunters for this pheasant study. If you plan on harvesting wild pheasants within McHenry County Illinois and you are interested in participating in the study please PM me when you get a chance. If you're not a UPH member feel free to email me (pheasantfreaks@gmail.com)

This study will go on throughout the pheasant season. So if you get a bird or two contact me at any time.;)

Thanks for your help. --Nick

Back