Two guys and my pointer

Lointer man

Can anyone help out a kansan looking for lodging around the Winner area, does not have to be specifically in Winner. It does not have to be the Marriott, in all honesty I can't afford the Marriott. Have a wonderful day.

Lointer Man

Can anyone help out a kansan looking for lodging around the Winner area, does not have to be specifically in Winner. It does not have to be the Marriott, in all honesty I can't afford the Marriott. Have a wonderful day.

Lointer Man

First, you'll be about 200 miles from the nearest Marriott, so you'll be good there, lol. I stay in Winner once each year when travelling through for sales. The Holiday Inn is nice and allows dogs, but I can't speak to availability. The Super 8 allows dogs, but is maybe not so much a place I might want to be staying. Not sure on the other two places there. Check Google reviews and you can usually get a good feel. Good luck.

Have you looked at Chamberlain? Allen's Hillside Lodge will give you a very "rustic" experience at an affordable price and it's not too terribly far from Winner. I am actually going to cancel a room reservation Oct. 23-28 because a buddy backed out of our trip so there might be an opening during that time.

Have you looked at Chamberlain? Allen's Hillside Lodge will give you a very "rustic" experience at an affordable price and it's not too terribly far from Winner. I am actually going to cancel a room reservation Oct. 23-28 because a buddy backed out of our trip so there might be an opening during that time.
I have not thought about Chamberlain, but will look into it! Thanks for the advice!

If you're looking for anywhere near the opener this season you'll definitely Wana get on it as far as booking a place. They fill up quick. If you're looking for late season, then you shouldn't have as much trouble

Munster, Thanks for the information! Me and my buddy are coming from southeast kansas on the 22nd with my pointer and hunting for 5 days, mostly public, however we might be willing to pay for a half day hunt, any recommendation's or guides?

Munster, Thanks for the information! Me and my buddy are coming from southeast kansas on the 22nd with my pointer and hunting for 5 days, mostly public, however we might be willing to pay for a half day hunt, any recommendation's or guides?
I'm going to say Allen's again, we've been staying there the last few years and always put together our own public land hunts but have talked to plenty of guys who go out with them and they always do well. They offer guide service for pretty much everything form walleye to big game, here's a link http://www.allenshillside.com/ We talked last year about maybe doing one this year but I think our group is going to be pretty small and the rates go down the more guns in the group. If you are at all interested in possibly meeting up for one Oct. 24-28 let me know. Right now the only guarantee is that me and my 1 year old lab will be there but there will probably be a few more guys too. Getting close!

We stay at Allen's several times each year. Never for hunting, but sometimes during hunting season. It ain't fancy, but Gary and Mike will treat you right. Good people. Good steakhouse within 50 yards, and a couple other very good restaurants in town.

If you choose to stay at Allen's, I would recommend an afternoon of guided walleye fishing. I'm sure they would not be opposed to having a dog in the boat.

Last edited:
I like Allen's as well. Caters to the outdoorsman. Far from 5 star, but that's not what I'm looking for when on a hunting trip. Has a bird/fish cleaning shack area. Park right outside your door. Easy, convenient, cost efficient for a hunting trip.

Back