turkey time

Early season gobblers

Here is my nephew with his first turkey taken on his first day hunting! Hate to tell him it doesn't always go this easy.

103_2830.jpg

Went out for myself second season and got the twin to my nephew's bird. Started off with a series of yelps of my wingbone and shot him a couple of minutes later. I am getting my calls camo dipped from a guy in Wapello. They look pretty slick!
IMG_2634.jpg

IMG_2639.jpg

Cool pics FinBonZ. BC, going out with Coot? You guys are SOL already. :D Good luck.

i know it sounds scary. i'm looking forward to turkey hunting with my brother. to celabrate the joyous event i think i'll eat a 24 oz. can of beans. that ought to fill the blind:eek:

How'd it go fellas? Did you see anything or did your combo of bad luck and Coot there keep 'em away?

capt coot WIMPED out and didnt get a third season tag because it was too cold:p i took oldest son. we had a yote tackle a decoy on monday. what a sight it sneaked in,pounced and bite decoy then realized it was plastic. he gave us the this is going to be a baaadd day look just before he got rolled with a load of 6 shot. he got up and ran away but i'm sure he was a hurting unit. no turkeys. weather sucks.

At least you got a little action. I wanted to go out, but between work and everything else going on right, there was just no time. :mad: The worst part is, I've gotten to know some people that have turkeys on their acreages all the time, and good sized ones too.

Back