Turkey Tales

BritChaser

While I am waiting for November, I kill time in the spring hunting turkey. I just posted a new thread in the main forum titled "Turkey Tales" about my two spring toms. The first bird was from Graham Co. and the second from Brown Co.

Last edited:
read your thread

hey, read your thread, souded like it was exciting. This spring was my first year turkey hunting and i loved it. Filled both tags and the first one i shot was double bearded, had two 9 in. beards and 1 in. spurs. hope to have it back from taxidermist by January.

Prior to me getting involved in turkey hunting, Spencer Tomb of KSU, told me, "Maynard, it is the most fun you'll ever have with your clothes on."

I will have to admit, it is a lot of fun. Unfortunately, I have not had the time the last few years to chase a gobbler. In this area, I would have to apply for a tag in the lottery, but I never have. I usually hunt turkeys southeast of Wichita, but with the numbers of birds I have around here now, I may try at home next spring.

Maynard Reece Byrd
Dodge City

It was a little too hot this year for good turkey hunting, and time was a bit short. But they are a challenge and a joy. Congrats on the gobblers.

N.D.

Trophy Turkey

hey, read your thread, souded like it was exciting. This spring was my first year turkey hunting and i loved it. Filled both tags and the first one i shot was double bearded, had two 9 in. beards and 1 in. spurs. hope to have it back from taxidermist by January.

You started off turkey hunting with a real bang. What a tom! Double 9" beard and a full inch on the spurs. That is a real trophy bird and worthy of mounting. When you get it back, please post a photo of it. In what county did you bag the old gent?

Back