TSS Pass-through

I’ve been using TSS 9’s on turkeys since 2018. Would get pricey on roosters. I wounded turkey last year I had to finish off and found pellets under the skin. First time. They’re tiny and would require a trip to the dentist.

A5 is sidetracked because BOSS isn’t selling his [and my) 16 gauge loads! Bastards….. who shoots 2 9/16 shells….?

Last edited:
A5 is sidetracked because BOSS isn’t selling his [and my) 16 gauge loads! Bastards….. who shoots 2 9/16 shells….?
I will be, as soon as I'm done with my current case. They're 1-1/8 oz, roll crimped. No idea why they felt that was the best way to make them. But whatever. Pretty sure they could easily up them to 1-1/4 oz if they wanted to.

I have a box and a half of Kent 5 but like we said last season it just doesn’t cut it on WPA birds. Guess I’ll pack the 12 gauge this year if we hit any of those.

How many ounces of shot were in their 2 3/4 16 gauge loads? 1 1/4? I accidentally bought a box of the 3/5 from them last year thinking they were 5s.

How many ounces of shot were in their 2 3/4 16 gauge loads? 1 1/4? I accidentally bought a box of the 3/5 from them last year thinking they were 5s.
My last couple cases of 4s before the change to roll-crimp shorties were 1 oz loads, so I assume the 3/5 were also 1 oz. See? That's why I'm confused by their rationale. Up the payload but shorten the shell? Doesn't make sense. That tells me they'd have had plenty of space in the hull for a true 2-3/4" shell at 1-1/8 oz. Possibly even 1-1/4 if they roll crimped them. Don't get it.

Back