True Golden Story

Only bird dog lovers will understand!! My 11 yr old golden retriever "Gage" passed away 2 yrs ago from cancer. I guide for a local hunt club and we buried him where we retrieved many pheasants on European hunt. Last year while hunting "Beau" a pup out of "Gage" hunters shot a rooster pheasant and " Beau" retrieved it but did not come straight back to me as he always does! Instead he went about 40yds onmy left to "Gages" gravestone and laid it on top of it!! My eyes still get watery thinking about it!! Coincidence! ! I believe not!!! Anyone else have any experiences like this!! Thanks for reading!! Remember: Be careful what you say about a mans wife and kids but be damn careful what you say about his birddog!!!:cheers:

"Golden Story"

:cheers::cheers:
Only bird dog lovers will understand!! My 11 yr old golden retriever "Gage" passed away 2 yrs ago from cancer. I guide for a local hunt club and we buried him where we retrieved many pheasants on European hunt. Last year while hunting "Beau" a pup out of "Gage" hunters shot a rooster pheasant and " Beau" retrieved it but did not come straight back to me as he always does! Instead he went about 40yds onmy left to "Gages" gravestone and laid it on top of it!! My eyes still get watery thinking about it!! Coincidence! ! I believe not!!! Anyone else have any experiences like this!! Thanks for reading!! Remember: Be careful what you say about a mans wife and kids but be damn careful what you say about his birddog!!!:cheers:

I too raise and hunt golden's. I have heard many people say the golden's nose gets them in trouble. Well maybe he didn't deliver to hand and maybe that could get him into trouble, but sometimes you just gotta trust the dog! Awesome story thanks for sharing and no I have never heard a story like that one!

:cheers:

Goldens are amazing dogs that do so much more than just hunt. Thanks for sharing your story.

Wow! What a powerful story. And I can believe it.
There's something about Goldens that is truly GOLDEN. :cheers:
Here's our experience:

Living in deer and black bear country, we taught our Golden, Rusty not to chase the deer and bear that frequented our back yard from when he was a pup. Deer would actually approach within yards of him. And the bear knew him too, but Rusty would growl when they approached, signaling them to go back into the woods.

The day that Rusty passed from cancer in April and we had just buried him, three deer came and laid down in our back yard for almost an hour. They no sooner left and a black bear wondered through and we thought he also headed back into the woods. Well I went to plant a couple of flowers and grass seed on Rusty's grave site and there was the bear, laying within 10 yards from Rust's grave. Of course , it got up and wondered off when it saw me coming.

It's as if the animals came to pay their last respect to Rusty.

Coincidence or something else? I know what I think and feel in my heart......

I put down my lab Teal maybe 10 years ago now and the day after she was put down I walked out my front door (we got maybe 1/2' of snow the night before...) and there were foot prints walking up to my front door then up the driveway and down the street. It freaked me out enough to start balling! Needless to say I know it wasn't her but it was a cool moment...RR

Back