Tristar

I can remember hunting sages of my youth referring to some brands of guns as junk. Maybe their pronouncements were more fact than opinion.

Computer-aided design, manufacturing, and 3-D printing have transformed manufacturing. Digital technology has removed human error from the process, assuming garbage in doesn't apply. Hence, there might not be a junk gun. The caveat is quality of material. If quality of material is excellent, a $300 shotgun should be as accurate and reliable as a shotgun costing 10x more.

I know nothing about Tri Star shotguns other than they seem to be popular.

I can remember hunting sages of my youth referring to some brands of guns as junk. Maybe their pronouncements were more fact than opinion.

Computer-aided design, manufacturing, and 3-D printing have transformed manufacturing. Digital technology has removed human error from the process, assuming garbage in doesn't apply. Hence, there might not be a junk gun. The caveat is quality of material. If quality of material is excellent, a $300 shotgun should be as accurate and reliable as a shotgun costing 10x more.

I know nothing about Tri Star shotguns other than they seem to be popular.
I have tried many, it’s about something magical called balance. Many are accurate and reliable and I might select for home protection. Only a few have the magic and the craftsmanship that make them our favorite in the field.
Flush, Boom, Fetch. May one be under the tree for you.

Hi Chirocat46,

I have no experience with CZ. However, CZ has an established reputation for manufacturing excellent quality handguns, rifles, and shotguns. I have yet to come across a person who used a CZ and didn't love it.

I looked at CZ while looking at shotguns for a recent purchase. If there was a 26" 20 gauge version of the Redhead Premier, I would have bought it.
Not sure about any other of the CZ's but they do make 2 Ultralite 20s. One is black and wood with 26" tubes and a green and wood one with 28" tubes. I'm like Ky Setter. I have some nice guns and can have anything I want but I'm kind of fascinated with these Turkish guns.

Hi Chirocat46,

I have no experience with CZ. However, CZ has an established reputation for manufacturing excellent quality handguns, rifles, and shotguns. I have yet to come across a person who used a CZ and didn't love it.

I looked at CZ while looking at shotguns for a recent purchase. If there was a 26" 20 gauge version of the Redhead Premier, I would have bought it.
Wing Shooter,

They are a great guns and really enjoy how it carries! one of my "go-to's" in the field

Dude, A 5 pound, 5 oz gun would be great. Would recoil be an issue? Maybe not with a 20 ga.
Yes, it will be. That's why I don't want to spend a bunch on a gun that I probably won't be able to shoot much clay with it. It will be fine hunting. My beretta ultralight 12 is 5.75. About two rounds of skeet=sore face and shoulder!!

Yes, it will be. That's why I don't want to spend a bunch on a gun that I probably won't be able to shoot much clay with it. It will be fine hunting. My beretta ultralight 12 is 5.75. About two rounds of skeet=sore face and shoulder!!
I would have the same problem with my Fox, grouse gun. Therefore I don't practice on the range with it. I wish I could.

Well son of a b*^&#! Decided on the gun. Ordered a cz ultralight 26 " last week. My local dealer couldn't find one. Thought I bought one on G.B. After a couple days of not being able to get a hold of the seller I read some reviews on him and it seems he's went out of business. Then my dealer called me and said they are discontinued!!:mad: Now I have to wait a week to make sure G.B. seller is really out of business. Maybe it's an omen. Maybe a 5.5. 20 is not in the cards!!

Anyone tried the Tri star Trinity LT? I'm kicking around an ultralight 20? O/U
While I don’t have the Trinity, I do own several Tri-Star O/U in 20 and .410. My 20 probably has about 700 rounds through it. Mostly in the field. The .410 is a bit newer and bought for my grandkids. to date both shotguns have held up well. The 20 has taken many pheasants. as a very light shotgun my only caution is shooting heavy 3 inch rounds they do tend to kick, but for all day carry I love the guns. Price point on Tri-star is pretty decent.

Ive held both the Trinity and TT15 in 20 ga. Trinity is a good half pound heavier than the TT15 . Feels a lot more bulky in the grip and forearm. But have not shot either in 20.

Back