Trip Report

GPowers

Well I'm back from a wonderful 5 days of long walks in the fields with my two loving girls (dogs). We had a wonderful trip that started Tuesday the 5th and end Saturday the 9th.
I hunted alone the 1st 4 days and meet up with some frieds from Iowa the last day.

Day one was met with snow and wet grounds, but plenty of bird action! The girls and I managed to shoot a limit in about 3 hours and even had a 50 plus bird flush...I love snow in SD!
Day two we hunted some new stuff that I had never hunted before and managed 2 in the 1st 1 hour and even drew on the 3rd..... but wanting to hunt the whole day I pulled off the bird and struggled the rest of the day jumping spot to spot looking for numbers. Ended happy with just the two and letting the last one go, when I had the shot early.
Day 3 I returned to my day one spot, found the birds in the same area and shot 2 right away. worked around for another hour and a half and shot my third bird before noon.
Day 4 was a sight, I saw birds everywhere in the spot I was hunting and I could tell they were wise to the pressure! I saw hundreds of birds, running, flying and heading to areas they knew they were safe! I did manage a limit after working extremely hard through some thick cover.
Day 5 was horrible, I met up my friends from Iowa and between 4 of us I think we ended up with 4 birds.... the wind was blowing and the fields were full of weekenders... The numbers were the worst I had seen!

All in all I had a great trip, the dogs were in heaven and they are sleeping at my feet... lol I cant wait to head back the 1st week of Dec....

If anyone finds a Droid Razor....I left in the field somewhere Sat., I guess the pheasant Gods got their revenge! lol

Back