Travel, road conditions

rwigg

Was planning on leaving tomorrow, Wed. from Mich. to head to Colorado. Wondering what the road conditions were on I80? Thinking of waiting 1 more day after watching the news. Really don't have to be back on any given day, even tried to talk the wife into taking I70 across and stop in Kansas for a short hunt, But that didn't go over to well.lol Guess I could put the truck into auto pilot and head to Kansas, just don't want to take the beating!!!! Thanks for the help!:)

Rod​

Was planning on leaving tomorrow, Wed. from Mich. to head to Colorado. Wondering what the road conditions were on I80? Thinking of waiting 1 more day after watching the news. Really don't have to be back on any given day, even tried to talk the wife into taking I70 across and stop in Kansas for a short hunt, But that didn't go over to well.lol Guess I could put the truck into auto pilot and head to Kansas, just don't want to take the beating!!!! Thanks for the help!:)

Rod​

If you are coming through the QC IL. on I-80 I would wait a day we are supposed to get 6 to 12 " of snow and then Wednesday night it is suppose to be really cold at night so things would probably freeze up on the road. I-80 should be ok by Thurs.

Thanks MR. Hyde. That is what I have decided to do. I'm pulling a small trailer loaded and I don't have 4wd, although I do have chains, I'm not going to risk it! Thanks for the report. :thumbsup:

Rod​

They are calling for 6-12" this afternoon through tomorrow morning with winds picking up. Won't be surprised if they close I-80 in the western part of Nebraska.

Thanks bently. May just stay till Fri. Thanks again!:thumbsup:

Rod​

About all the schools are closed in western Iowa around I-80, not a good time to be traveling but its good hunting. I'm going back out in little bit.

If that's the case, then wait for me!lol Shoot em up! Good luck and thanks for the report.:10sign:

Rod​

My travel plans are a little unorthodox, but they have yet to fail me...I look at it like this, If I have 5 hours to drive to get to my hunting grounds then I would rather get as far into my trip as I can before the storm hits and then find a hotel to stay the night and head out the next morning. I look at it like this, why drive all the way on dangerous roads when I can already have my trip almost done and only have a small distance to drive on bad roads. Just my 2 cents, I realize that I don't have to travel as far as you do so be safe no matter what you decide to do and enjoy your trip...

My travel plans are a little unorthodox, but they have yet to fail me...I look at it like this, If I have 5 hours to drive to get to my hunting grounds then I would rather get as far into my trip as I can before the storm hits and then find a hotel to stay the night and head out the next morning. I look at it like this, why drive all the way on dangerous roads when I can already have my trip almost done and only have a small distance to drive on bad roads. Just my 2 cents, I realize that I don't have to travel as far as you do so be safe no matter what you decide to do and enjoy your trip...

Sounds like roads get bad as soon as I get out of Mich. I think I'll wait and hit it hard on Thurs. Thanks!

I live just north of Fairmont Mn about 15 miles N of I90 and nothing is moving today,which is why I am posting instead of working. Not a great travel day.

Back