Training with Echo

Does Echo always creep like a pointer then stop and sit when approaching birds or is that something new? I don't remember seeing that in your videos last year. Good run though. Looked fun.

The creep is evolving. She is a pointing lab but operates like a flusher at times. I think there is a big difference between pen raised birds and wild birds. We have been working on her maintaining her point and sitting upon flush. I want her to only break upon my command. We had some issues with fences last year. I want to avoid injury and controlling her after I down a bird is key to my objective. I appreciate you watching the video.

Great Video, Looking foreword to seeing a more. I've been working on the fence issue also. My solution was to have them always sit when they come to a fence and wait for me to let them through. Its time consuming but last year I had two doctors bills for a total of 600.00 for stitches from my dog just blowing through the fence and cutting themselves.

Cool video, thanks for sharing. I stopped by Quail Run two weeks ago, first time there....seemed like a nice place. What kind of birds do they have for release? Are you a member?

Jerry, Annette and Lisa are great. I have been going to Quail Run for 8 years. I like the family atmosphere and casual atmosphere. They have pheasants and chickens. I think I am still a member....through Christmas.

Thanks Eddie. I will work on that. Perhaps with a bird on the other side of the fence. I want her to avoid injury at all cost.

Nice video Ross. I've been working with Parker and Brady at Kiowa Creek but I'm heading out to Quail Run Thursday with a friend and his pointing lab from Bearpoint. We're tuning up for a SoDak hunt the week before the CO opener. Also, sorry to hear about Echo's tremor episode. Have there been any more? Hope it was just a passing thing.
P.O.L.

Hi Tom, Thank you man. Getting fired up about the season! I am envious about your South Dakota trip. Good luck and post pictures and video. Echo's tremors seems to have subsided. She had us scared. Never seen anything like it at all. Let's connect when you're back in town.

Back