Training grounds

MetroGSP

I'm looking for some training grounds not too far from the Denver metro area. I'll be getting my first pointer in the not-so-distant future and once it's trained I'll be shooting for AKC hunting titles and then to start my own training buisness. I'd be willing to pay a fee for the use of the land. Planning to use pigeons that I trap for the live bird work.

If you or anyone you'd know would be willing to work with me let me know.

Hey MetroGSP,

I just made an account here, so sorry for the long delayed answer. I saw no one had replied. Don't know if you found training grounds, but I cam part of a group that leases some training ground east of Denver bout an hour. I have a young GSP that I train regularly there, message me if you're interested!

No worries. I’m still waiting for the circumstances to be right for me to quit my career and start down my dream path. I’ll keep it in mind. Thanks.

Cherry Creek res and Chatfield both have "Sport Dog" specific training areas, that you have to get a special permit for. It doen't cost extra, but it is not the regular off leash area, and you can use blanks and dead birds.

Cherry Creek res and Chatfield both have "Sport Dog" specific training areas, that you have to get a special permit for. It doen't cost extra, but it is not the regular off leash area, and you can use blanks and dead birds.

Thanks. I’ve looked at Cherry Creek and a couple of the others. I was looking for a less restrictive area, i.e. live birds and live fire.

Back