Trail Cameras

mnmthunting

Banned
Anybody got any recommendations?

cuddleback is a good one but very spendy..

if you want a cheap one, cabelas have one for 90.00.. however most known brand are gonna be over 100.00.

You can find crappy cameras that work just as good as a known brand (which you pay for) and still get the same quality picture.

I dont have one, but i do like to get one, but im not gonna spend over 150.00 for one when i wont use it, other than finding traffic flow of wildlife. Heck I can do that scouting and wouldnt cost me 150.00 to do so.

There are numberous of people on this board that have some good trail cams. I know im not the best to ask, but just keep in mind, known brands will cost more. Even cabelas have a bargin cave and they sell some cameras there. worth checking out.

I use Bushnell Trophy cams.

20100116DCA004.jpg

Thanks for the info.

Anyone know if this is a decent camera?

Moultrie Feeders GameSpy i4.0 Megapixel Inferred.

i have an older cuddeback flash that works great. have actually gotten photos of flying birds with it. just purchased a leaf river infa red camera from cabelas. tested it this winter in back yard. worked great in the cold and got alot of deer pictures with it at the bird feeder. check out leaf river web site they have alot of useful info on it. i have watched my digital cuddeback with flash take pictures of deer while i was in stand didnt scare them. when i go to cabelas i look at what brands are returned to the bargin cave and stay away from that brand. if there are alot of a brand on shelve there must be something wrong with them.

Try Scoutguard. That's what I got and have had great luck with so far. To me, the pros are it's small size, incredible battery life, reliable function and nice high-res images/video. Cons are that it is not super-tough looking, compared to some that I've seen, and probably easier to steal. Definitely easy to steal the memory card if someone wanted to. I've had it for 6 months and I'd give it 5 stars so far!
-Croc

Back