Took my 8 year old daughter out today!

Beniciahd

So my little munchkin has been asking me to take her out. This afternoon turned out to be a perfect day. We got to Grizzly at about noon. As we were pulling into the parking lot I spotted 2 roosters up on the levee just grazing. We hurried out of the truck and geared up. Well we crept up to them and the dog spooked them so off they trot down the levee. We kept pushing them and they wouldn't hold in cover. Around a bend they go and by the time we made it around only one was in view. Molly worked all the cover up to the bird. I could see him just in the edge of the cover. Molly had tracked the scent and was honing in on him. As soon as she got about 10 feet from the bird it ran back onto the levee road and ran away. The dog took off and by the time I got her whoa'd up the bird took to flight and away he went across the slough headed for birds landing. We couldn't find his buddy. My daughter loved the day. 2 hours and she was done. I kept it short so I didn't make it a chore. She said she wants to go every day now. Glad she got to experience the birds. She also got to see her puppy in action doing what she loves. Thanks for reading! I think I just made a new hunting partner.

Great job! We need more prospects for pheasant hunting to keep it alive.

I like that you kept it short and didn't turn it into a death march for her.

What a great way to spend time with your kid.

Great job, love it. Remember everything, time goes so fast!! Congrats, sounds like she had fun. To many more days!!!

You are doing it right my friend! Introducing your children to the outdoors is one of the greatest gifts you can give them!:) Congrats!

Awesome! Thank you for sharing.

Back