Today's harvest

BleuBijou

Since my knee has become a huge problem in the walking for pheasants, I went out to the old stomping grounds and laid in the dirt for some of these.
100_4682.jpg
100_4683.jpg

Bleu, Your killing me with the goose posts. Good for you, nicely done. Thats some might good table fair.:thumbsup::10sign:

Thanks jmac, Have my MRI in the morning, regardless heading to Kansas the 30th of Dec. At this point I wish for it to be cut off!!!! Maybe there is something they can do!! Not bad for laying out with no cover to speak of!!! I am not into the lay out blinds and still do a lot better than most!!! I want some snow to chase Roosters right now!!!! But it looks dry for a while!!!:cheers:

nice looks warm too

Thanks jmac, Have my MRI in the morning, regardless heading to Kansas the 30th of Dec. At this point I wish for it to be cut off!!!! Maybe there is something they can do!! Not bad for laying out with no cover to speak of!!! I am not into the lay out blinds and still do a lot better than most!!! I want some snow to chase Roosters right now!!!! But it looks dry for a while!!!:cheers:

Dang bleu, What up with the mri? Hope you are alright . I have not had the CHANCE to get out and do much Ducks ,or geese ,or pheasants ,this year. Work , and the money, has had me, having to stick to local areas. Meaning quail ,Doves and fur bearing critters. And not to much of that. But at least i still have a means of income. I always have next year, right, as long as I live that long. I think you did awsome on the geese . And thaks for sharing the pics. Try holyoke area for pheasent's, I hear it's great, Yuma county. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

nice looks warm too

Yes, it has been unseasonably nice here!!! Have yet to shovel snow!! Sorry you guy's up North!!:D Mountains are getting a bunch!! But , when that happens we do not see much!!

Blue
I need to look at the post more often. Nice job on the geese:D
Are the smaller birds Lessers or Brants? We don't have many of them in MN I only shot one.
If your the guy in the brown pants your about the size I am. I can't fit into a lay out blind there to short. I took a decoy from a (goose chair) I think there called and welded up a neck support. I think there better then layout blinds all the birds see are decoys. I toss a super mag or corn stalks over my feet.

This is a picture with it opened. I maybe able to find more pics of them if you would like to build something like it.

huntin2010059.jpg

Good luck with the MRI. Just make sure they remember it's the knee and not the head, no matter what anyone else says is wrong with you. :p

Blue
I need to look at the post more often. Nice job on the geese:D
Are the smaller birds Lessers or Brants? We don't have many of them in MN I only shot one.
If your the guy in the brown pants your about the size I am. I can't fit into a lay out blind there to short. I took a decoy from a (goose chair) I think there called and welded up a neck support. I think there better then layout blinds all the birds see are decoys. I toss a super mag or corn stalks over my feet.

This is a picture with it opened. I maybe able to find more pics of them if you would like to build something like it.

huntin2010059.jpg
That is more my style with the goose over the head!!!!! Those little buggers are cacklers or short grass prairie geese. Seem smaller then lessers, about 3 1/2 pounds! We have geese from 14 pounds, 10 pounds 6-8 pounds and then the chickens as we call them!!! Usually gone by now and the big birds move in, but it has been balmy for weather here on the front range. Mountains are another story, 6-8 feet of snow in areas this week!!!Yes I am the big guy!! 6-4 and too fat for those ground blinds. I see more geese flare with those damn things anyway!!!!!

That is more my style with the goose over the head!!!!! Those little buggers are cacklers or short grass prairie geese. Seem smaller then lessers, about 3 1/2 pounds! We have geese from 14 pounds, 10 pounds 6-8 pounds and then the chickens as we call them!!! Usually gone by now and the big birds move in, but it has been balmy for weather here on the front range. Mountains are another story, 6-8 feet of snow in areas this week!!!Yes I am the big guy!! 6-4 and too fat for those ground blinds. I see more geese flare with those damn things anyway!!!!!

You want me to get better pics and try to get a drawing for you so you can build one?
I agree the big coffin in the middle of a field is a give away.

This is at the cabin on a sandy point. Layout blinds don't work as good.
there are two layout blinds and I and the wife are under two decoys. We took off our face mask for the picture.

hunting2010022.jpg

you look normal size to me Blue? maybe 1" taller:cheers:

Outstanding job Blue, excellent pics.

Sure looks nice out there. We are waist deep in snow but it's warmed up from below zero yo a balmy 19 above this morning.

I think I'm blind..I don't see you two Lee.

Last edited:
Back