Today worked out perfect with two dogs.

Bob Peters

Went out this morning western MN. I took Skye, Roxy stayed with family nearby. We hunted a few hours and Skye got to flush and retrieve a rooster. I stopped in for a loooong lunch, then took out Roxy. We tried a new to us wma, jumped a watery ditch, and pretty quick Roxy put up a nice rooster that surprised the socks off me. After a fumble and fire with the first shell I managed to regain composure on the second and connect. Roxy was fresh and on that bird faster than a prairie fire with a tail wind. Good thing too, he was still blinking. It was a perfect day for me. Didn't see a lot of birds, but made it count when we did. And most of all the dogs each got a hunt in, flushed and retrieved a bird, and were so happy tonight around the campfire.

Attachments

• 20241019_233442.jpg
    20241019_233442.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 30
Went out this morning western MN. I took Skye, Roxy stayed with family nearby. We hunted a few hours and Skye got to flush and retrieve a rooster. I stopped in for a loooong lunch, then took out Roxy. We tried a new to us wma, jumped a watery ditch, and pretty quick Roxy put up a nice rooster that surprised the socks off me. After a fumble and fire with the first shell I managed to regain composure on the second and connect. Roxy was fresh and on that bird faster than a prairie fire with a tail wind. Good thing too, he was still blinking. It was a perfect day for me. Didn't see a lot of birds, but made it count when we did. And most of all the dogs each got a hunt in, flushed and retrieved a bird, and were so happy tonight

Went out this morning western MN. I took Skye, Roxy stayed with family nearby. We hunted a few hours and Skye got to flush and retrieve a rooster. I stopped in for a loooong lunch, then took out Roxy. We tried a new to us wma, jumped a watery ditch, and pretty quick Roxy put up a nice rooster that surprised the socks off me. After a fumble and fire with the first shell I managed to regain composure on the second and connect. Roxy was fresh and on that bird faster than a prairie fire with a tail wind. Good thing too, he was still blinking. It was a perfect day for me. Didn't see a lot of birds, but made it count when we did. And most of all the dogs each got a hunt in, flushed and retrieved a bird, and were so happy tonight around the campfire.
What a perfect day!!!

Back