Time to get it on!

Was scheduled to go to SD Thursday, but there's a blizzard between me and the birds. I don't mind hunting in cold and snow. Some of the best hunting I had was in a couple of storms, the kind you melt the ice off the barrel after the hunt. But, this year has been ridiculous. :( A couple of years ago I drove from Des Moines to Yankton in ice fog. What a nightmare. I've gotten out of SD just ahead of a couple of blizzards and it was bad enough. I'm waiting for this storm to clear out, and I'll try to make it out there starting the 15th if the weather cooperates. Then I'll have a week left on the license for next year. The people at the place I'm staying said last week was the best so far for their hunters as the corn is coming out quickly now. A little snow and cold to concentrate them will be nice. The dogs know I've been getting the travel stuff out and are giving me the look. They'll just need to be patient for another 5 days.:)

I maybe will getting some weekend passes back to SD from my treatments here at Mayo. Would love to get out for a little bit of a snow hunt. My only concern is the cold this weekend may be too much for me yet. But I'm still hoping I'll find a chance to get Ruby out to find that snow rooster before the season ends.

Good luck to the rest that enjoy the snow hunts!!

Snow and Cold = Good Bird Hunting

Looking forward to bunched, tight-holding birds in KS this weekend with the newly arrived winter weather.

I maybe will getting some weekend passes back to SD from my treatments here at Mayo. Would love to get out for a little bit of a snow hunt. My only concern is the cold this weekend may be too much for me yet. But I'm still hoping I'll find a chance to get Ruby out to find that snow rooster before the season ends.

Good luck to the rest that enjoy the snow hunts!!

Dewey: That is great news. Please call when you are ready to go get some roosters.

LM

Going to start in Iowa and finish in South Dakota tomorrow. Prediction is 4 below zero at 8 am shooting. May need my Under Armour ski mask.

Going to start in Iowa and finish in South Dakota tomorrow. Prediction is 4 below zero at 8 am shooting. May need my Under Armour ski mask.

Wish I could get a day off in the middle of the week. My boss runs a pretty tight ship when days off are concerned.

Back