This year has been amazing!

nstric

A one field, 20 minute, two man limit for my buddy and I this morning.

All young roosters, with plenty to spare.

232323232%7Ffp93232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv345%3A%3B%3Enu%3D3242%3E%3B63%3E9%3B6%3EWSNRCG%3D373%3A%3B53%3B89338nu0mrj

That's incredible! What a rebound your fine state has made. Are you seeing more habitat or is the weather getting credit for the increase in #'s?

Love the sign you chose to have your pic taken in front of too:thumbsup:

That's great:thumbsup: Those younger birds sure make a difference;).

That's incredible! What a rebound your fine state has made. Are you seeing more habitat or is the weather getting credit for the increase in #'s?

Love the sign you chose to have your pic taken in front of too:thumbsup:
Yes . . . we drove by that sign, and figured it to "be a sign". Perfect opportunity to stop and take a pic!

Also . . . the habit is essentially the same as I've hunted it for better than a decade now. For whatever reason (weather?), the bird numbers have just shot up this year. It's flat out easy, too easy, to bag a limit at times. The birds are that plentiful.

And I think we've fewer hunters too.

Also . . . the habit is essentially the same as I've hunted it for better than a decade now. For whatever reason (weather?), the bird numbers have just shot up this year. It's flat out easy, too easy, to bag a limit at times. The birds are that plentiful.

And I think we've fewer hunters too.

Nate,

Are the birds holding for points or are they flushing wild? I just got back from South Dakota (my first trip) and birds would flush at 200-300 yards ahead of us and when I did shoot at one about 20 would fly out from the cover ahead. Saw ALOT of birds but didn't have a lot of shooting opportunities. Is there any certain type of cover you are finding the most birds in?

Nate,

Are the birds holding for points or are they flushing wild? I just got back from South Dakota (my first trip) and birds would flush at 200-300 yards ahead of us and when I did shoot at one about 20 would fly out from the cover ahead. Saw ALOT of birds but didn't have a lot of shooting opportunities. Is there any certain type of cover you are finding the most birds in?
Today's birds held on point. All six were easy shots.

This said, when windy, the birds move and flush more wild.

Good to here. It was that winter of a few years back that did it. Glad they have had no repeat giving them a chance. I cant wait to go back home again and do some hunting. I have let it rest down there on the farm since that die off. Next year sounds like a great time to go back home.:thumbsup:

Back