The smell of fall

Lointer man

Sometimes we get caught up in the hatch production and if we had enough rain or what not, tonight I sat outside and felt a nice cooler air blow through our property down here in far SEK, I was happy and so were my pups.. another season is approaching

we had one cool afternoon (so far) , right after a shower blew through. running my dog as usual, so nice he took a long cut on the way back to or gate.

Temps in the 50s this morning, summer is winding down. Everything is a maturing. Time to get hunting permissions before the farmers are swamped in the harvest. My doving hunting has been so slow the last couple years, I think I will pass and wait a short 2 months for the opener. It was an extremely hot and dry summer, but I am guessing we will have a few birds to chase. My new dog will be almost 5 months old when season starts, not sure he will be of much help. I will get him on many short outings in lighter cover and hopefully a bunch of bird contacts. It has been a long time since I had a puppy, maybe I am underestimating things.

Temps in the 50s this morning, summer is winding down. Everything is a maturing. Time to get hunting permissions before the farmers are swamped in the harvest. My doving hunting has been so slow the last couple years, I think I will pass and wait a short 2 months for the opener. It was an extremely hot and dry summer, but I am guessing we will have a few birds to chase. My new dog will be almost 5 months old when season starts, not sure he will be of much help. I will get him on many short outings in lighter cover and hopefully a bunch of bird contacts. It has been a long time since I had a puppy, maybe I am underestimating things.
you never know, they all mature at different times, always be patient.

I live in Stilwell, KS(south of Kansas City). Haven't seen any corn coming out and very few doves around. Hope to get some shooting in a little later in the dove season. I love fall. Hoping to get out as much as possible this year. No high expectations but looking forward to getting the dog out and spending time with my adult sons and friends.

Not here. 71 at 5:30 am and high of 98 today. Been extremely hot for the last several weeks.

Not here. 71 at 5:30 am and high of 98 today. Been extremely hot for the last several weeks.
Thankfully, I think we are finished with those temps...for this week anyway! Lows in the 70s aren't what I call ideal for September. We just need to hold on for another month or so and we will start the fall season we all love!

Back