The Season

Locally (Wisconsin), I had a better season in '05. But overall, I had a better season in '06 because I got to hunt in South Dakota and Minnesota. Looking forward to future hunts in the Dakotas. :thumbsup:

How was your season RR?

JMB

Even though I practiced my shooting in the off season and started the duck season on fire I shot the worst in over 20 years this year. The good news was there were so many pheasants that I did better then last year. It looks like the pheasants have done pretty good this winter so this fall could be great.

The area I ususally hunt was hit pretty hard by the drought. I had to change my hunting tactics. Instead of planning all day hunts I spent a lot more time hunting local areas around Sioux Falls. I'd drive 15/20 minutes and hunt for a couple of hours. There were some times that I didn't find any birds, but there were also times that I found a limit. Overall, I ended up shooting more birds this year than in the past.

My birds per outing was lower than last year, but overall I think I came out ahead. The dog got out on more days, the gas bill wasn't so bad for the short trips, and I did get some shooting in! :)

Back