The goofy one.

Weimdogman

I have 3 dogs from the same litter. I know that is a bad idea but they all do ok just more work. Anyways the goofy one ,Willie , has always been goofy. His confirmation isn't great with a poor head shape and what was a becomingly aggressive temperament. He has some health issue where he drinks like a camel and then can't hold it , so he was neutered at 16 months.
He is a terror in the house ,pulls books,blankets,pillows on the floor. Will charge upstairs and deblanket 2 beds before I can get up there. He has very little drive in the field. He will stop and bark and growl at deedtrees,corner posts,old farm equipment,mail boxes. He will then try and pull them apart if left to his druthers. His
range is very limited and until you get into birds he is more interested in everything else.
He loves to play with you chase me as his favorite game. He will ignore the collar even on the come to Jesus settings.
I do love him though because he probably has the best nose of all 3. He can be the best retriever if he decides to and once you do get on birds he is extremely steady. His great nose allows him to point from way off- often times too far. 2 years ago he pointed 2 roosters that were together at a corner post from 60 yards. There was fresh snow so I could verify the birds never got closer. Probably because of that great nose he backs beautifully . He won't mess with the other dogs retrieves. When you do get into birds he is all business. You guys have all probably had a goofball this is Willie. And no those arent dress socks.20211018_184457.jpg20211018_184457.jpg

Sounds a lot like my GSP Sam who is now 13 years old. All he wanted to do was chase the females and run the fences until he was four years old. Was quite aggressive with other dogs even after he was neutered at 18 months. Threatened to do something bad to him on many occasions but never had the heart to do it. At age four he decided to become a bird dog and a dam good one at that. Best nose i ever saw and pointed many birds at 50- 60- plus yards. Now living out his retirement along with many memories, some good. He also was the third from the same litter i kept for myself, could be some connection.. Who knows?

Back