The Flush

I wasn't that impressed with Mallard island. The footage looked like educated, jumpy birds to me.
I try to hunt those fat, slow, and dumb birds.

Uh yeah we will agree with that, they are jumpy. They hear a boat and they all leave. Yes thats what they do!
Ky setter man
I think they hear you slam the doors on that boat when you get out!

Mallard Island can count on more visitors now. Thank The Flush for that. They couldn't have just said they were hunting an island on a Missouri River reservoir??
Mallard Island is no big secret, particularly for North Dakota residents. It was one of the first "hot spots" I heard of when I first moved into the state in the early 80's, and it is mentioned fairly often as such in the pages of North Dakota Outdoors (NDGF's magazine). It probably gets hunted more often than folks realize. Of course, the biggest obstacle is that a person needs to screw around with a boat to get out there, but launching from Wolf Point makes that easy. Bought a new 1754 Tracker Grizzly late last summer for bowfishing & waterfowling, may have to drag it up there for a hunt this year...

You are correct but it's not worth hauling a boat , water probably froze around the banks. Plus trying to keep the wrecking crew from jumping out at all the waterfowl on your way. Big hassle.

You are correct but it's not worth hauling a boat , water probably froze around the banks. Plus trying to keep the wrecking crew from jumping out at all the waterfowl on your way. Big hassle.
You're probably right, KSM. The Crew do love to hunt waterfowl. You should hear them bitch because there's no field hunting geese down here...

Lol. I bet . My setters didnt like it a damn bit that I got the virus, right when we could hunt what little birds we have here in Ky. I was basically down for the duration of our season. Not happy at all.

Ive hunted with those guys for a weekend on public land. Travis walked some nasty stuff with me. Actually one guy gave up on the second day that wasnt part of the show. They do a good job I think.

Back