Thanksgiving

Well I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving. My wife and I spend the day with our friends SDJim and his wife CK. It was a great day of hunting and sharing time with friends over the holiday when were we so far from home. We felt like part of the family. Jim thanks once again for the wonderful day! I have attached a few pics below from our hunt. Even our host was able to get a Thanksgiving bird.

Nice photos and interesting report. Question: at what outside temperature do you use the dog vests? I bought a neoprene vest for my Golden and have yet to use it...

Thanks

I normally stay with the light cabela's vests all year. Unless our December hunt is cold then I will use my neoprene. The function of the vest for me is more protection for the dog than anything.

You guys know how to spend Thanksgiving!

Also, in the 12+ years Ive hunted with my Goldens I don't recall ever putting a neoprene vest on them for warmth. Boots, yes but never a vest. Maybe Im just not recalling.

Would use it to prevent the burrs...not for warmth. Even though I shave his chest and under arm hair he manages to find the burrs.

Perhaps a light-weight vest would work for the burrs...

Jon

A double barrel and a pointing dog! Way to go Jim! Jim's one of the good guys, for sure. Happy Thanksgiving!

Back