SW Kansas - 11/22 onward

Houston54

It appears like I will be hitting the fields solo next week as my usual compardres got hit by Obamanomics and have to take passes for this year.

While being a single is not that distressing I would welcome an experienced upland hunter(s) to join me for some passes. Not really interested in new hunters and require any partners to have a valid Hunter Safety card with them. Some additional dog power to team with my GSP would be a bonus.

I hunt primarily private land in Stevens and Seward counties and will be basing out of Liberal for the first part of the week then may be staying in Hugoton.

My apologies if my conditions grate anyone crossways but I need to protect the access I have cultivated over 14 years and ensure my own safety.

I know it is short notice and any replies after Sat evening (11/20) can not be answered. Suggest a PM with your name and phone number so I can contact you.

Houston, I'll PM you with my contact info just in case I get the chance to bump & run and meet up with you for a day or two - much pre planning is impossible in my current situation...

I do speak deep east Texan (you probably wouldn't even understand me if I really pour it on)...I'm a lifelong experienced hunter who has introduced many a kid to the sport & managed many a hunting party - I ain't gonna fling lead at you, anyone or anything else (when in doubt, there's always another bird for another day)...

Your & my biggest obstacle to overcome would be the pointer/flusher thing & if that would work for you...

I'll be out in kansas hunting with my dad from 11/21 to 11/27. We are starting the week in the N.W. part of the state and basing out of Wakeeny. From 11/25 onward we would be moving to the S.W. part of the state to close out our week. We are playing this second half of the week kind of by ear so still pretty open to where we end up for that part of it. I also have a 3 year old GSP. Also, it may be worth noting my dad is from Houston as well. We are both experienced hunters and safe. My dad is past the age where a hunter safety course is needed so if that is an issue for you I understand. Anyways, I'll shoot you a PM with my contact info if your interested. We too can use a little more dog power.

Back