Sure feels like fall!

Ranger Rick

After the hurricane we've been receiving lately, the NW winds kick in. Took the dog for a walk before work this morning and was bumming that I didn't wear gloves. Had my hands jammed in pockets to keep them warm.

This weekend we fly to California to visit one of our daughters, who lives out there. Next weekend Max and I head for the woods and we'll be at it up until deer hunting. He's getting wound up for the season.

The weather in Hurley has been burley. Wind, rain, temps in the 30's last night with a chance of frost tonight. Waiting for the grouse opener so I can get my dog on some birds. I have been seeing some birds on the back roads. I think it will be an okay season around here.

Over across the pond in No. Michigan, its 48 deg and has been drizzling on and off all day. It feels like October and I LUV IT!!

(BUT the Fudgies HATE IT.) :10sign:

NB

Two days ago I was in a bathing suit swimming in Lake Michigan. This evening I had to wear a coat while walking the dog. lol

It's definitely feeling like fall out there tonight.:thumbsup:

Forty-some degrees at night, 60's in the day...my system starts to kick into another gear.

Been checking gear, counting shotguns (I have too many), looking over shells, and doing light work-outs with the dog. Took the 12ga AYA sxs down to the gun store for sale--I just wasn't using it.

It's still summer foliage time, and all the corn is high--REAL high--but the temperature changes do the "start your engines" thing for me. Last time out, Mick turned into a weed-seed distribution center, but I'm not ready to trim him for hunting yet.

It's cooling off to 97 today here in central Calif. Smoke from big fires in the area keep the house closed up at night due to down slope winds that bring it to us. Ranger Rick you won't be able to leave fast enough after your visit.

Back from So Cal. Played golf Sunday and Monday win 100* temps. Way too hot for this guy and way too many people out there, but we had a good time with our daughter. Wednesday eve played our last league round in the low 60's. That's more like it!

The truck is packed, hunting vest, shells, boots waterproofed, ready for the weekend. Hunt in the morning, walleye fish in the late afternoon. It's go time!

yea its getting real chilly in michigan it doesnt feel to bad today cause its 60 degress but its supposed to hit around 40 the next few weeks! Bring on the fall weather!!

Max and I hit the woods this past weekend. Way too hot for both of us. There are a few grouse out there and we'll be back out again this weekend. The wives love the forecast for nice weather, but I'd prefer it to be a little cooler. Guess we'll have to get up early and beat the heat. And probably will bring the clubs and get in 18.

Back