Sunday Funday

Weimdogman

So 5 of us from our pf group got out Sunday despite the freezing Temps.-2 to a balmy 2 above. 5 to 15 mph wind to keep you honest.
Hunted noon till 4 when we were limited out.

Excellent private ground with everything the birds need. Open fields , gravel roads , food plots , tree belts , and cattle . All birds harvested were healthy and fat.

Deep crusty snow caused the majority of the birds to flush wild but the dogs found enough stragglers to give everybody birds to shoot , or shoot at.

2 guys hunting thru a large willow patch with larger trees scattered thru it had a interesting time. I was approaching from a adjacent field and could here roosters cackling and see them going up and then relanding. A coyote came out so maybe that was part of the reason. One guy did watch a cackling rooster land in a tree over the other hunter. The bird was up there crowing and due to all the birds flushing everywhere the other hunter was totally unaware of it.

I had a dog on point at the base of a tree next to a cattail slough. I walked down there and my second dog ran in and pointed also. I kicked around , move branches and released the first dog. A bunny ran out which the 2nd dog watched. The first dog didn't see it. Both dogs went back solid on point again and 30 seconds later out came another bunny. Both dogs watched it run off. I said let's go and my male went with me. The female who was the first dog was still on point. I said let's go and hit the tone button which I use as a pay attention signal. A damn rooster came out the backside screened from me by the tree. Good girl.

I missed a great photo the other day while hunting a cattail slough. The snow was 4 foot deep over some cattails with a number of sets of pheasant tracks on top. There were more tracks under it where a tunnel existed and even more tracks going around that spot. As I was digging my phone out birds started piling out so I got distracted and forgot all about it.

Thanks for sharing! Unique events like are a big part of why we love to hunt. Sounds to me like you need a GoPro!!

Back