Suggestions for a wild pheasant hunt in Nebraska?

wolf

I've got two german shorthairs that are getting up in years that I would love to get into some wild pheasants this season. Down here in Missouri birds are hard to find. Any suggestions for a good place to go in Nebraska? Thanks.

Hey wolf you must be like me. I have been looking at going to Kansas or Nebraska to get some serious bird hunting in this year. In my case I have a older springer and a two year old pointer that did not get much work last year that I want to make up for. I have hunted the indian res before in the NE corner of the state that was about 7 years ago. It was OK but not great. looking to try some where new with good bird numbers.

I dont know much about NE pheasant hunting since I've not hunted there. I may try KS since they have walk in hunting on farms. Is there a program like this in Nebraska?

don't waste your time in NE, southcentral Kansas is a much better bet, but birds are wild right now, not holding very well.

yes the birds are super spooky right now everywhere. I had the opertunity to go to SD on dec 3 and it was hard to get near them. we did ok but it was a tuff hunt. Got a layoff the day I returned so Kansas is out :mad: to much snow now for a local hunt also so I think I am done for the season:( My dog was a :10sign: though:cheers:

Back