Stuck in Lousyana

Jack

They call this Sportsman's Paradise, but except for the fishing, hunting is a joke unless you have a high dollar lease, or high dollar equipment in order to hunt. I guess living out west in the Rockies where you could hunt on BLM lands has pretty much ruined me. I haven't hunted in years and want to get back into it. I'm only 14 hours to SW Kansas and I'm going to try to start making a couple of trips every year.

Do you mind helping a feller out? I've been doing some reading and it seems that there is a lot of public lands to hunt. Without being nearby to scout out public lands, is it possible for a guy coming from out of town to have a fairly succesful hunt? OK, now the big embarassment, I don't have a dog. My dad has always had the bird dogs and I've always hunted with him, but the last dog died last Feb, and Dad probably will not make it to another season, @#$@ cancer!!.

I miss bird hunting and really want to get back into it. Any advice at all would be very appreciated. Also on public lands, can I pitch a tent or camper?

Thanks,
Jack

Jack, there are lots of helpful guys on this forum.......you may just be able to hook up with someone who has a dog when you come out..give it a shot and knocking on a few doors to get on private ground is doable as well...good luck.,,,you would need to find a campgound to pitch a tent.

Jack - Read back thru every previous thread on here you can! Lots of helpful stuff already without being redundant...

It's kinda like when 50-100 ducks come floating into a Louisiana deke spread - just pick one (area) & focus! ;) :cheers:

Back