Steeler's vs Packers

birdshooter

Give me your predictions and why as well as how you feel the game will be won.

I'll start.

Boy... this one is hard to pick for me. Both teams have solid defenses that put pressure on the QB. Offensively, the Packers probably have the edge as far as big play makers. The Steeler's win by doing just what is needed it seems. Of course turnover's are going to be a given as they always are, but in this one I give the edge to Rodgers and the Pack as indoors Rodgers is lights out this past season.

Close game. Packers 24 Steelers 17 :cheers:

I have to go with the Packers here. I have no love for the Steelers could be part of it. If the Refs call the game honestly and do not give everything to the Steelers as normal. The Packers may win.............Bob

Packers 35-24 Spread Steelers out they don't have enough DB's to cover packers WR's. Then Pack will run the ball to finish them off:D

Coot, The Packers are not strong in the running game. If they try to run to often they will lose the game. The Steelers have one of the best run defenses around. The Packers will do a lot better with Rodgers passing game. That is the packs road to victory, passing..........Bob

Bob if I'm right about the running game showing up I'll be like Nosterdomuos:D I'll have my own TV show and people from all around will see me for advice I'll make millions:eek:

Coot, The Packers are not strong in the running game. If they try to run to often they will lose the game. The Steelers have one of the best run defenses around. The Packers will do a lot better with Rodgers passing game. That is the packs road to victory, passing..........Bob

Hey bob Watch Green-bays running game thing weekend. Might just wake you up. Rogers has leggs. And so does a few other. GO PACK.:D

jmac, I'm not saying they can't run, what I was saying the Steeler defense is stronger against the run than they are against the pass. A good run now and then to keep them off balance, yea man go for it. But don't over do it. Where did I say I was a Steeler fan. I'm not a Steeler fan and never will be. I'm just trying to make meaningful conversation.........Bob

Every Red Blooded American should jump in line to support the Green Bay Packers! The Packers defeated the Chicago Bears on Sunday afternoon thus earning them the opportunity to go to the Super Bowl. By doing so, they saved the Hard-Working, Red Blooded, Taxpaying Americans literally several million dollars of tax money. How you say? Simple... we were told that if the Chicago Bears had won that President Obama (and probably his family) would be attending the Super Bowl to cheer on his hometown team. Since the Bears lost...the President won't be attending. The money saved from not using Air Force 1, the limousines, all the additional security, and l!
et's not forget Michelle Obama's entourage, is literally several million dollars! Therefore every American should cheer on the Green Bay Packers at the Super Bowl to show them our gratitude. With that said...let's circulate this email to everyone we know so they can understand why they should cheer for America's team...the Green Bay Packers
........... :D

Packers 28- Steelers 19

The difference is the q-backs, Roethlisburger has lost his edge, at least in the last few games the Steelers won inspite of his performance. Rogers has been flawless. I realize things change. I like Green Bay's running back. He runs funny, straight up, but he's young and has nothing to loose. It will be a good game.

Last edited:
Packers 35-24 Spread Steelers out they don't have enough DB's to cover packers WR's. Then Pack will run the ball to finish them off:D

Truthfully, I don't see this as a high scoring game. I think defenses are just too strong. IMO, I think it will come down to which team can capitalize on the other's mistakes the most. If the Packers completely go away from the run altogether, the Steelers (especially Palamalu) will pin their ears back and get after Rodgers. As Bob said, they need to run just enough to keep the Steelers honest.

And to those that think Rothlesburger has lost his edge the last few games... We'll, he not a flashy player, but he extends plays and makes big plays when they need them. That's the way he's always played. He's not going to win any passing titles, but he finds a way to make the big plays when the game is on the line, that is what big Ben does.

That being said, I still like the Pack if they can run the ball with at least a little succcess.

Last edited:
Steelers have a back-up center starting Sunday. Possibly a few bad snaps. You go all season with one center and for the big game start a back-up. Could be trouble.

Back